1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good. Now lets focus on the league and climb up

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Jan 8, 2017.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

We don't need the Cups. We need to focus on the league anyway. So lets get it all together and make a good run and climb up the table.
    Get it together, Ollie.
    Lads, do it for us, do it for the fans. The Rs are all we've got. Our lifeblood. Show us you care. That you got heart.

Come on u Rs

:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0178-rock:

Jonqpr likes this.
  2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Never quite understood 'now we can concentrate on the league' mentality. Cups are a good revenue for money, can build confidence in a team/player but more importantly give the fans something to cheer about and be positive. It's a game of football and surely we were concentrating on the league well before this tie had been announced!! I like Ollie but really do think he will take us further back before eventually being replaced. His obsession with the need for some strikers bemuses me. The problem we have is creating chances for those strikers instead of using an onohua chipped 50/50 ball. Washington and polter/cylla would in my opinion be a very good option if given the chance for 3 or 4 games on the bounce instead of 30 minutes when we are already losing. We really do miss the ability to pass forward in this team and way too much precaution taken when choosing formations. Grow some balls and play 2 up top, nothing else has previously worked. 2 up helps stop opposing full backs marauding forward at will. We have Mackie and the pole who can run all day and work the width as well as come inside out of possession. Our problem seems to be that we have too many midfielders who are only comfortable playing in a 3. Luongo for example is one. Henry is/was another. Please oh please just go 2 up top ollie ffs

Tramore Ranger and 1982_Ranger like this.
  3. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I think a good cup run is great if you have a full squad of quality players you can rotate. Our team is so fragile at the moment a cup run would just increase the risk of injuries. It's one of the oldest clichés but this season we really do need to just focus on the league and developing a team that's not so easy to beat.

4. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping with the players rumoured to be leaving, they are going to be replaced and hopefully with better quality

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Or at least more motivated to succeed at QPR

Ninj likes this.
  6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

If we had form and were competing for promotion or a play off place then concentrating on the league is fine. When form and confidence are poor then every chance to win should be pursued.

7. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

I'd rather not create any more opportunities for us to get injured.
    If the players need more testing to gel together there's always the B team games to do that (not that they couldn't get injured there), and I would prefer to survive this season in this division than go down again.

Upwards

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

No chance of that. I can only see another devaluing of the squad. Not being negative, just realistic. I hope after 5 years the club work out that we need 2 good strikers and a leader but probably will end up with a league 1 or 2 striker and some old git on a last payday.

9. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Yes, with the current players on our books, and more likely inbound, staving off relegation this season should be a given for our club, so the more matches the merrier for a manager to experiment with squad formations and player combinations. Our supporters, who faithfully show up for these cup matches deserve to see to best possible football played, with always the expectation of a winning outcome, to boost morale all round. In comparison to our pathetic, miserable cup efforts over recent years, just look at the determination demonstrated by Plymouth & Preston in 3rd round cup action this year against PL teams, also by Derby & Wolves in their victories.

KooPeeArr, Tramore Ranger and QPR999 like this.