1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good luck

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Bucks Blue, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done on thrashing Ipswich last night. I thought you guys may have struggled but an aggregate win of 9-2 this season over your rivals aint bad!!!
    I really hope Norwich come back up. Ive always followed Norwich as a second team and have looked out for every one of their scores and I think 2nd place will be yours come the end of the season. You have a quality squad with an outstanding manager who has done so well to get you from league 1 to where you are now in 2 seasons. You have some of the best supporters in the land and you are a very vocal following.

I really can't wait to come to Carrow Road for Norwich v Chelsea next year (hopefully) so good luck for the final 3 games and it would be great to have you back in the Premier League.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Thanks chelseaboi, when I left home aged 16, I moved to London and worked with a Chelsea fan! I went to all the home matches with him, where we stood in the old 'Shed' watching players like Peter Osgood, 'Chopper' Harris, Charlie Cooke, big Micky Droy et al, so I always keep an eye on the Chelsea scores. When we come back up, we'll try not to get your goalie sacked on live tv :)

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Thanks chelseaboi, just hope we are not on the end of a hammering at the Bridge if we go up.

Hard to know how City would fare in the PL now but with Lambert in charge we, as fans, are starting to believe nearly anything is possible. (Look how Everton snatched Mike Walker from us the last time we had some success)
    Come the day he decides to leave Norwich (and it will happen one day) it's going to be a severe body blow to most Canary fans and probably the team.

4. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

=============================

yeah i guess you guys wouldnt want to be thrashed at Stamford Bridge! Although I follow Norwich as a second team, I would still want Chelsea to win at Stamford Bridge and Carrow Road. I would make every attempt to go to the game at Carrow Road. I hear it would be a great atmosphere and a great day out so when the time comes for next season, might see you all there!

5. funny that, Chelsea are my second team due to my missus. Been to a couple of games, Tottenham game comes to mind...Carvalho getting the only goal!

6. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

it is strange though... a lot of my mates who are chelsea fans regard norwich as their second team... anyway all the best for the final 3 games

7. ThaiCanary

Great atmosphere at Carrow Road? Without a doubt, especially if it was the first few games of the season and if by some chance we had a decent start the place would be really buzzing!

CR is a great place when things are going well for us, been said many a time that our support is superb

8. Can be just as good when things are not too, we have followed our team through thick and thin and we ar enow reaping the rewards.

Can I just say - PLAYOFF's GUARANTEED!!! Honestly, how many of us were thinking that would happen this season....!?

Onwards and Upwards.

@ Thai, did you move over there from the Norfolk area? Is there much NCFC coverage?

9. ThaiCanary

Phantom

I moved here from Cambridge but prior to that I was lived in East Dereham.

Coverage of games? A little as it's mostly Premier League so hopefully next season we will get known a little better out here. I will be wearing my City shirt more often next season if we go up and hopefully some of the locals will recognise the colours and not just be focussed on Manure, Chelski & Arse (as they are now)

I do get to see some games via live streams of course but sadly missed the Scunny game :-(

Seen QPR away 0-0, 4-1 home :), Reading away 3-3, Derby away 2-1, Coventry away 2-1, Burnley away 3-1 loss, Barnsley away 2-0, Bristol City home 3-1, Swansea away 3-0 loss, Forest home 2-1 - so not too bad. Only 2 defeats amongst that lot (not bad considering nearly all away games)

If we are PL next season hopefully can get to see more games. Win, lose or draw I will be watching.

10. Top man, what got you over there? Yeah, coverage would be more accessible if we were in the Prem, I'm sure. It always seems to me that you can catch more games abroad, 3pm games shown more regularly, than when you live in England. But main focus is obviously the Prem.

Keep flying that yellow flag out there!

11. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Thai Canary,

I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear that Dereham is still the throbbing pulse of Mid-Norfolk that you probably knew and loved! <ok>

12. ThaiCanary

<laugh>

Not wanting to count any chickens just yet but all being well (after yesterdays results), more coverage could be on it's way next season.

The 3pm games are ok here, it's either 9pm or 10pm depending on time of year but the 7.45pm kick offs create severe sleep deprivation and also all games induce a large increase in the alcohol consumption but it's all in a good cause. (Still can't watch a City game without a load of Tiger or Leo beer inside, always nervous before kick off)

Of course, should we go up, thanks to Sky it could be more early morning games to watch, be it on a Monday, Tuesday or any other given day of the week. For me though it will not matter, I will be watching (half pissed most of the time <laugh>).

Thankfully the wife has no problem with it, can watch any day, any time <ok>

13. ThaiCanary

TBH honest ncgandy I really liked Dereham, where I lived was quiet and suited me just fine at the time

14. ThaiCanary

My lovely Thai wife that I met online!

It all happened following an enforced seperation 2 years ago.
    I needed a holiday about 7 months after the seperation, once my head was getting back to normal and a friend suggested Thailand (he married to a Thai as well). Came out here for 2 weeks to sample the life and people. This may surprise most but I did not indulge any ladies of the bars (my head was ok but not 100% ready for any of that kind of fun).
    After seeing the people and the place I went to look for someone to meet up with for my next visit 4 months later.
    Found a lovely girl in the north of the country online.
    The rest is history, as they say.

No regrets, love my life here and the new missus of course but do miss not being to drop in to Carrow Road.

15. Quality, what a story! And good on you!

I live pretty close to Dereham, a few of my mates recently moved out as kids just keep causing trouble round near where they were. But then, you could say that for alot of places now...

I have a mate that bangson about Thailand all the time, he keeps going on holiday there so he must love it. Boy does he have some stories....but then he is a story teller...and then SOME!!

16. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

is the ime difference the same as beijing where they are 7 hours ahead? if so then it must be a killer watching evening games... ive just come back from beijing where i stayed up watching the champions league game between united and chelsea at OT. it started at 2.45am and finished at 4.30am.....

17. ThaiCanary

This time of year it is 6 hours ahead. 7 hours from October to March

18. ThaiCanary

If you get the chance, keep an open mind, and be 'canny' with the locals get over here and go home with plenty of stories yourself. It really is that good if you just want 2-4 weeks of alcohol abuse and or plenty of shimminyhoo <ok> (Best bring a load of dosh if you are going to do plenty of either or both)

Keeping an open mind and going with the flow is the best approach. Some people go to Bangkok, Pattaya, Krabi, Phucket etc and do not like the 'seedy' aspect. Personally I loved it and you only get as involved as you want to, there is never any obligation but the girls do try hard to get your cash <laugh>

Like I said, I only participated in the drinking but did get something for free as I sat on my bar stool one night :emoticon-0104-surpr

19. haha, in what country don't they try hard to get your cash!? My other half suceeded with taking my cash years ago...and she still does it now!!

And with no bar stool incidents in sight!