1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gohi Bi Cyriac Signs

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

No sooner said in the other thread than the Club announce "the transfer deadline day signing of Gohi Cyriac on loan for the remainder of the season."

please log in to view this image

"The striker arrives from Belgian Pro League outfit KV Oostende, with an option to buy at the end of the deal.

Cyriac began his career in his native Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas, where his goal scoring form caught the eye of Belgian champions Standard Liege, who moved to sign him in January 2009. During his time with the club he was given a first taste of UEFA Champions League football in a 2-0 defeat by Arsenal at the Emirates in November 2009, while he helped them reach the Round of 16 in the 2011/12 Europa League.

After three-and-a-half years in Liege, Cyriac moved to divisional rivals Anderlecht in the summer of 2012, with the club going on to win the title in his first two seasons. In the summer of 2015, Cyriac moved to Oostende and scored 14 times in 33 appearances in his debut campign.

A full Ivory Coast international, the 26-year-old has netted once in six appearances for his country.

“I am very happy to be at Fulham,” he told the official website. “From a young age I have wanted to play in the Premier League, and I believe I can do that with this club. I am a striker, I am quick, and my number one target is to score goals. I hope to do that for Fulham so that we can have a good rest of the season.”

2. Cottager58

The requisite compilation:

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

So this is the guy the club took all last August and all January window trying to get and he signs on a Loan !!!
    Can you really build a team for the future when you have to borrow half a team of new players each season?
    So that's Kalas, Martin, Piazon, Petsos, & Cyriac must be near our quota now. Hope the club know the rules, I don't.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. Cottager58

Agree Superbri; no real stability or certaintity for club or player.

There's actually no limit on the number of loans a club can have but on any one day the max number on the team sheet is 5.

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Well at least it looks like he can take a penalty. No nothing about him but as usual look forward with optimism that he can do well for us.

6. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I don't mind a loan when there is a option to sign permanently... The player has to show 110% to prove himself and the club can make an informed decision! It's when they don't have an option I'm not to keen on.

Cottager58 likes this.