1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goals are Matty Taylor

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Scored in every division he has played in,not bad for a guy that was playing non league not so long ago.

IMG_2068.PNG

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Any more misses like the one yesterday and he will be back in non-league as well. As bad a miss ive seen. Cost you 2 points.

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

he"ll get all the support he needs on here,we are famous for helping people thru bad patches.<doh>

RedorDead and BCFCRob like this.
  4. Red Robin

He will be a steal of the transfer window.
    Settled down well.
    No 9 in the championship team of the day.
    The guy is worth 5 million plus now,and watch that rise when he starts bagging the goals.

5. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

I"ll hold judgement on that. I seem to remember joe royle getting 5 on his debut away to sheff weds,then coudnt hit the proverbial barn door for the rest of the season.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Actually it was 4, and it was at home to Middlesborough.
    I remember the whole ground swaying as they sang his name, shortly before he scored the pick of the goals, from a volleyed pass on the edge of the box by Geert Meijer (remember he ?)
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Meijer

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. Red Robin

I was there for that what a debut never forget that.

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

He does miss a lot of chances, but his assists and conversion rate is still one of the best around. His all round contribution is a bit light, and he does drift in and out of games. But he will often get that important goal or create a few chances.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. bcfc_ade

bcfc_ade Member

I hate remembering things wrong like this but wasn't JR's home debut against Liverpool, he scored & we won 1-0?

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Ha.. my earliest memory of watching City was Joe Royle scoring a hat trick at home. I cant remember who too?

So what was it??

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I was in the old open end that game

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He scored 4, we went stupid...

14. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Interesting that there are comments about low conversion rate and drifting out of games- Exactly what I used to say about Kodija. Seemed to get a goal and didn't see too much of him then. One on one with a keeper was not good. Yet we get £11m for him. Started well for Villa and now quiet. Went a long time without a goal for us too. Strikers at that level can be like that. I think Taylor will come good especially once he has settled in.

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And Carl Shutts Hat-Trick when he fell face first against the wall at the East End when the 3rd goal went in.

16. Hilts24

Matty Taylor may or may not come good. That £5m comment though is up there with the most stupid ive seen on this site.Obviously worth a gamble at 300k. However hes not some young talent who is going to improve. A couple of years ago we signed Eoin Doyle who was banging in them for fun in League 1. While he was a decent player he just wasnt up to it for a side with ambitions in the Championship.

That miss was an absolute shocker. Obviously it could happen to anyone. But if it goes in youve 3 points , maybe build your confidence up and survive.

Youve obviously made far worse signings than Matty Taylor though. Its the likes of Lee Tomlin who will relegate you. An obviously gifted player but in my opinion someone you just dont want in the dressing room. Overweight and just doesnt want it. If Warnock had him hed be shipped out immediately.

Youve obviously made howlers in the transfer market and are a poor side however I dont get how LJ is still in a job. That 2nd goal while Matthews was clearly at fault what the feck was the keeper doing passing it to him there and where were the other players to support him. Theres obviously a clear lack of direction.

I dont think you should have sacked Cotterill. You played us off the park at our place last season but just couldnt get the ball in the net. Somehow youve sacked the manager got in a superb loan signing , spent money and actually become along with Rotherham the worst side in the league.

I think you may need a change and try to find a couple of players out of contract to impove your starting 11 or your down.

Wherever you are next season you will need a major overhaul of your playing staff and the likes of Lee Tomlin you really need to get rid of. You will get far more out of a player with half the talent.

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The poster who made the £5 million quote is our resident mad man. Believe it or we've actually got two nutters. So bit like our playing team we've too many in the same mould to do other things.

I'm actually in agreement with Tomlin, he is a bit like JET. Fantastic to watch when he's on form but he's an individual not a team player which is what we need.
    Cotterill built team players ones who would die for each other who got found out in the championship but with a tweak in Cotts ego could of managed to come good. If he decided not to throw his toys out the pram and refuse to change tactics we could of been a lot further up the table now IMO.
    But now we've someone who changes for the sake of changing which in my opinion is a man who don't know what to do and is panicky changing all the time. Maybe if he went to a system and team for a few matches steady then he might get some points. But at the moment .Rotherham and Fulham games were possibly the most boring games I've seen (barring SoD's) in forty years.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    banksyisourhero likes this.
  18. Hilts24

<laugh>

19. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

and so was I 5 rows back and just out of line, about 6 foot, with my back on a barrier, with the upright. the goal to my left.......