1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Giggs Moaning - Would You?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by ibodyslamrhinos, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I see Ryan is complaining not enough British managers are getting a crack in English football as there are too many foreign coaches.

I disagree, I think there are plenty of opportunities for a big name like Ryan Giggs if you are willing to start at the bottom of the ladder and not expect a Premier League team to hand you a gift of a job.

So... Ryan Giggs? Would you have him as manager at Bristol City? Bearing in mind this time next year it's a huge possibility we will be a League One team!

Supcon72 likes this.
  2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I mentioned Giggs a while back on OTIB and here I think. So get ready for the not experienced comments.

Even though he was caretaker at possibly the biggest club around.

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Have a look down in L1&2 Ryan, not many foreign managers kicking about there.
    Rhino captured it perfectly, the sense of self entitlement to a top managers job just because you were a top player at a top club is staggering!! Especially when so many before have failed (Guillit, Shearer etc)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

You need to do the business before you get those kind of offers I reckon. Good players do not necessarily make good players and many have failed before.

5. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Again, no experience to justify it, given that people here clamour for proven managers.

Completely agree that they need to work their way up though, when most can't be arsed or choose not to.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

NO NO NO go get the experience and prove yourself first.Then come knocking at championship and possibly prem jobs.

This is where city fall down.

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

8. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Managers years ago all cut their teeth in the lower leagues before moving on-Good players dont mean they make good Managers-Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore never made it as managers, even one of our own, Brian Tinnion, great player but managerially never made it.

9. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Exactly. There are a few lucky ones that do walk into a position but they seldom work out. If he looks at the British managers that are in the Premier League, they have all paid their dues outside the Prem.

I'd welcome here though as he can't do much worse than what we have and he would bring a lot of attention to the club and has good ties with a feeder club.

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And just like Tin Man we can say that LJ hasn't exactly made it either. Difference being that Lansdown saw the light with Tinnion and not so with the 'Chosen One'.

Red Robin and gdknac like this.

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with Ryan Giggs.
    I've got to the stage where I'd accept Jeff Stelling.
    We have to change, LJ is not up to the job.

Red Robin likes this.
  12. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Getting back to Brian Tinnion and his experience with SL, isn't it somewhat of the same thing with Lee because I believe they were both set up as fall guys just by nodding yes to the man himself. Being the chosen one at Ashton Gate has a somewhat scary ring about it and is it any wonder that we have problems appointing the right person, rather than the person of choice? There does not appear to be any common ground in our search for the saviour and if there was who the hell out of all the supposed messiahs would you pick? Lot of room for errors even by picking someone with experience because it has to be a total package with room for dialogue from both sides of the equation, and I have doubts that it will happen soon.

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don't quite understand where people here who've possibly never met him think Lansdown only employs yes men?
    I've worked for one a very rich and successful man, who is even a chairman at another championship club. And trust me what I found out from him is he don't like yes men. He wants people to challenge him if they believe something is wrong.
    And I've worked for some who want yes men, and trust me I won't work for them again.
    If SL wants yes men surely Lee's dad would of informed him and more than likely he would know it himself so why would he leave Barnsley to be put under control of an owner?

Supcon72 likes this.