1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Feb 2, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> On Saturday Liverpool away to Hull City,Hull are not going to be a push over. They were able
    to get a draw at Old Trafford yesterday. This game Liverpool need to win it, but not easy nuts to crack.
    My prediction: Hull 1:3Liverpool.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Saturday 4th February 2017

Premier League

Chelsea V Arsenal 2:2

Crystal Palace V Sunderland 2:1

Everton V Bournemouth 2:1

Hull City V Liverpool 1:3

Southampton V West Ham United 2:2

Watford V Burnley 2:1

West Bromwich Albion V Stoke City 2:2

Tottenham Hotspur V Middlesbrough 2:0

Sunday 5th February 2017
    Manchester City V Swansea City 2:0

Leicester City V Manchester United 2:2

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Merson have an idea.

Hull v Liverpool (Saturday, 3pm)
    Hull have been playing well since the appointment of Marco Silva. They haven't quite got all the results they wanted but they've been giving a decent account of themselves. The problem is the teams around them have been winning. Hull have had some difficult games but if they can get them out of the way, then there will be some winnable ones that follow.

please log in to view this image
    &lt;img class="widge-
    You don't know what you are going to get with Liverpool. Because of the defeat to Swansea a couple of weeks ago they put themselves in the position where they needed to beat Chelsea. If they'd have beaten Swansea a draw would have been alright.

The problem is Chelsea are running away with this because of their results against the sides outside the top six. From the 15 games they've played against sides outside the top six, they've picked up 14 wins and a draw. That's incredible, and that's why they are where they are. The other top six sides, including Liverpool, are dropping points against the so-called lesser teams. I see that continuing for Liverpool this weekend with Hull snatching a draw.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (7/1 with Sky Bet)

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Premier League

Chelsea V Arsenal 1:0 - can't see that arsenal team beating chelsea.

Crystal Palace V Sunderland 3:1 - palace IMO are now going to shoot up the league. only question is if allardyce changes too much too soon.

Everton V Bournemouth 2:0 - i think bournemouth look bad away from home. Everton should win.

Hull City V Liverpool 1:0 - bound to be a home win with 20% possession.

Southampton V West Ham United walk over to both sides. jesus its like southampton think they are safe and don't care now. both just need about 4 more wins. neither cares

Watford V Burnley 1-0 - i don't;t fancy burnely away anywhere. but who knows.

West Bromwich Albion V Stoke City 1-1 both teams are already on thier summer holidays.

Tottenham Hotspur V Middlesbrough 2:0 - spurs drew badly last game. boro are good defensively. spurs must win game.

Manchester City V Swansea City 5:0 - city are back. swansea are not that good.

Leicester City V Manchester United 0:2 - Leicester are total ****. utd to win handy.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

What Lawro have to say.
    Hull City v Liverpool

Hull got a great point at Old Trafford in midweek but this is another very tough game for them.

After their run of poor form, Liverpool were much improved in their draw against Chelsea and, if Hull open up a bit against them, then they will punish them.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Osi's prediction: This is a tough game for Hull. Liverpool are an outstanding football team even if they are just coming off a loss or two recently. They are going to be hungry - I like Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho - so I am going to go with them. 1-2

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Agree with Palace being a new force under Sam and climbing the table. They got a big target in Benteskey, they've brought Schlupp and Sakho in to strengthen that defence too.

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

Palace also get a top defender on loan from Liverpool.Mamadou Sakho is a top man

please log in to view this image

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure I said that in the post you quoted Dribs <laugh>

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

The only good thing is ,Mamadou Sakho cannot play against us this season:laugh:.

Zanjinho likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

I think its getting interesting at the bottom:

1. swansea. not good but manager looks like he has a clue.
    2. Palace. look power now. but can they defend? (midfield is weak still imo)
    3. Hull. look like they can really play football
    4. sunderland. signed everton cast offs... are they done?
    5. Leicester look absolutely terrible right now
    6. boro. look well organised but new forwards must get goals

who are people betting on to go down as of now?

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Imagine if Leicester wins the champion league and they are relegated. European champion playing in the
    championship.:laugh:.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah... but no....

even if you said but a 5000/1 chance game in last year i'd still say no chance.

they just can't defend!

they've not scored enough either