1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get thee before Lawro (Midweek) !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Apr 3, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> Liverpool at home to Bournemouth after Merseyside derby. Bournemouth are going to see this
    as a revenge against them. Liverpool needs to win this, and infact, all their remaining home fixtures to be certain of top four finish.
    My prediction: Liverpool 2:0 Bournemouth.

Other fixtures and predictions:
    Tuesday 4th April 2017

Burnley V Stoke City 1:1

Leicester City V Sunderland 2:0

Watford V West Bromwich Albion 2:2

Manchester United V Everton 2:1

Wednesday 5th April 2017
    Arsenal V West Ham United 2:1

Hull City V Middlesbrough 2:2

Southampton V Crystal Palace 2:1

Swansea City V Tottenham Hotspur 1:2

Chelsea V Manchester City 1:1

Liverpool V Bournemouth 2:0

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

What does Paul Merson thinks?.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (16/1 with Sky Bet)

Liverpool v Bournemouth - Wednesday, 8pm

Liverpool struggle against the lesser teams at home, but if they can win this, back-to-back wins, they'll cement their place in the top four.

Philippe Coutinho is back in form, and he looked superb on Saturday against Everton. He's the key to them against these sides near the bottom of the table.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (9/1 with Sky

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Sadio Mane injury update
    Liverpool fans have been worried about star forward Sadio Mane ever since he was forced out of last weekend’s Merseyside derby with Everton with a knee problem.

After the match, Jurgen Klopp was non-committal about the impact of Mane’s injury, which allowed optimists to hope that the injury may not have been as bad as first thought.

On Tuesday morning, however, the English press are reporting on the Senegalese international’s health, and it’s not good news.

How long is he out for?
    Liverpool take on Bournemouth at Anfield on Wednesday night in the Premier League and Mane is definitely out. The bigger question is whether he’ll return to action this season.
    upload_2017-4-4_8-35-1.png

Liverpool are growing increasingly concerned over the fitness of Sadio Mane amid fears that the influential forward could miss the remainder of their push for a Champions League place.

That the joint has remained swollen is not a good sign and, at this stage, an operation has not been ruled out, which would bring his season to a close. Mane is not thought to have damaged his cruciate ligaments.

Liverpool are also without Adam Lallana after he picked up an injury on international duty with England.

See how the Mane update is presented in the Guardian below.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

What Lawro is thinking/

Liverpool v Bournemouth (20:00 BST)

Bournemouth might try to sit back a bit but the best thing about their team is the way they play when they come forward.

If they go on the attack then that will help Liverpool, and I also think Jurgen Klopp's side have regained a bit of their belief from earlier in the season anyway.

The Cherries will let them play and I think Liverpool will have too much for them.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Goldie's prediction: Liverpool have been brilliant against the top teams but can struggle to break down sides that slow them down. I was going to go for a draw here but Bournemouth beat them 4-3 in a crazy game earlier in the season so, you know what? I am going go for Bournemouth to do them again. 1-2

5. moreinjuredthanowen

My thoughts:

Burnley V Stoke City neither side need more than a point here. i think brunely could win it 1-0

Leicester City V Sunderland - sunderland have given up i think. 2-0

Watford V West Bromwich Albion 0-0 neither side will care

Manchester United V Everton 3-0 everton will roll over

Arsenal V West Ham United west ham could easily do them 0-1

Hull City V Middlesbrough 0:0 no help to either side

Southampton V Crystal Palace palace are on a run 0-2

Swansea City V Tottenham Hotspur 0:4 worrying times for swans

Chelsea V Manchester City 1:1 very hard to call.

Liverpool V Bournemouth 1:0 scrappy win i hope