1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Apr 27, 2017.

?

General election

1. Conservative

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Labour

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Libdem

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

True, good job I won't be making my decision solely on the manifestos alone.

2. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Since Brexit is at the heart of this election which one of them is going to be openly honest and commit themselves to actually telling the voters the whole possible consequences of hard or soft and their long term affect.

Had I been able to do so I would go for the soft option as the question of border control and immigration via Europe is a two way thing and since many Euro partners still want us in the fold for trade especially some compromising deal could be done.

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You can't vote for yourself.

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  4. Tel (they/them)

I have no idea how in this modern day, there is no computer program that could forecast the consequences of the future outlook of the U.K. Based on each party being in charge.

I'd just like to show the typical extreme left idealist mug what this nation would look like if our credit rating was downgraded by the IMF and world bank.

The NHS would be the least of our worries.

haslam likes this.
  5. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Unless of course she (or her spin doctors) are petrified that the public will see behind the mask <confused>

6. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Even if the Conservatives are running the country into the ground. Surely that's still better than voting for somebody who will remove our nukes, and that same person who refuses to denounce terrorist attacks against this country and has a long history of being friends with terrorists.

How can anybody vote for that? It beggars belief.

Fentonpell and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I agree that Corbyn is problem and not the solution for the Labour Party, but the fact is that the party has voted to keep the nuclear deterrent regardless of what he says.

Montysoptician and Brian Storm like this.
  8. Deleted #

If he got into power, do you not suspect he would have/get his party onside with the disarmament of our nukes?

Does his friendship with the IRA and Muslim terrorists, along with his anti Jewish views, not concern/disgust you?

I've got genuine hatred for that man, not the Labour party. I think my feelings are shared by the majority of people in this country as well.

9. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Me for one. <ok>

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

The fact that people in Labour heartlands are debating whether to vote Labour or not tells you everything you need to know. It is going to be an absolute walk-over.

Corbyn is not a bad person and I trust that he actually has principles unlike the current government who I trust to do nothing other than continue to pander to tax-dodging luvvies whilst privatising the public section and crippling it with cuts under the rhetoric of 'austerity' (the privatised sections that have been handed out in the past 5 years have been shown on all tested levels to be less efficient and the number of PFI companies who are run by chums of the ministers would be funny if not clearly corrupt).

However I blame Corbyn. He is far too left wing to ever get near office and yet too stubborn and proud to step aside. It doesn't matter whether he thinks he correct, he must know he is handing power to the Tories and needed to accept a long time ago that it is better for his principles to have a moderate in office who can form an actual opposition to the government with some element of electability. He became a joke over a year ago but no-one is laughing any more.

This is the worst election in my lifetime when I look at the respective candidates. It's like I'm having to chose between the person who is going to sell my kidneys to buy their mates a plane or the person who is going to give my kidneys away to a stranger because 'it's the right thing'.

11. MrRAWhite

He has always been a pacifist and believes that talking to people is the solution. In the case of his unofficial talks with the IRA and Hamas I believe he was wrong.
    However, the number of people who died at the hands of the IRA will be nothing compared to the people dying because of cuts to the NHS and social services and welfare. The number of suicides is increasing at an alarming rate and the number of people dying because they are unable to get treatment is also undoubtedly on the increase, although official figures are hard to come by.

12. MrRAWhite

This is our Foreign Secretary **** sake..

farnboromackem and Brian Storm like this.
  13. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Another sobering thought to ponder is that the NHS is for the many who cannot afford private medicine or health plans. It was only instituted in 1948, but prior to that people had to pay to see the doctor and many just could not afford it. It would people good to read up on the health of Britain prior to the NHS as without it there will be a return of the likes of diptheria, ricketts and many other ailments that were caused by poverty and bad diet. It my take a decade or two but that is when your children and grandchildren will be affected.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  14. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I think Corbyn would have been better if he'd have been a deputy leader. Just have a more middle of the road leader with some of Corbyns ideas ocasionally thrown in and his more radical ideas totally ignored. I think that should have appeased all Labour voters.

Fentonpell likes this.
  15. Billy Death

That is a ****ing excellent post fella.

haslam likes this.
  16. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

It's the unions propping him up. The vast majority of MP's in the Labour party don't want him as leader and neither to the Labour electorate. Well that's my understanding anyway and i stand to be corrected...

17. Billy Death

No mate, you're wrong. They put a stop to the union block vote.
    It was the party membership that elected him - not once but twice.
    I'm sure RAW can confirm that.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  18. Deleted #

Apart from the bit about Corbyn having principles? <whistle>

haslam and Billy Death like this.
  19. Billy Death

My parents never had a pot to piss in.
    My dad always worked but I had a hard upbringing.
    I can remember the tin bath out on the living room floor, outside bogs, pissing in a bucket during the night & I'm only 50.
    All under a Labour government during the 70's.

20. Tel (they/them)

Do any of these labour voters who intend to blindly follow this complete pillock into oblivion have any idea how much we rely on relations with the US?

Do these same people think that Donald Trump will offer Jezzo any sort of favourable trade deal given the fact that Corbyn will categorically remove support for the US for any coalition military operations?

I'm not saying this to be dramatic, but I would sooner have Joey Essex as PM than Corbyn.

Fentonpell and Billy Death like this.