1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Apr 27, 2017.

?

General election

1. Conservative

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Labour

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Libdem

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Would you agree that history and facts have shown that the Tories have consistently increased the nations budget deficit when in power and that the crap bandied about by the right wing media that they manage the economy better is a total myth.

2. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I agree they're operational, business as usual, problems RAW.

I was referring to systemic problems. I'm not wrong on those points and it would be disingenuous to ignore them.

3. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll ever agree mate. Our perspectives come from different angles.

Look forward to discussing further over a beer sometime! <ok>

MrRAWhite likes this.
  4. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I have gone for Labour as it is the party of the working man as I know it. The background of the leader is immaterial as the Party counts for more than the man, the danger I see in the Tories is that they will protect their level of working class and leave the industrial areas to fade away.

In the last "personality" political leader elections Maggie was given free rein to dismantle the country's industrial heritage, but that belonged to those who did not vote for her.

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  5. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

It's a fact that whenever the Labour party have been in power they have left a financial mess! Thatcher took over after the winter of discontent and the country was on it's knees due to over powerful unions calling strikes left right and centre.
    Then we all know what the last labour party left! The biggest deficit in our countries history! But they blamed it on other things. It's never Labours fault! So the facts are that the last 2 times they left government they left the country in a mess.

Deleted likes this.
  6. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

It wasn't the rich bankers then with all their dodgy investments, which bankrupted the whole banking infrastructure which was then bailed out by billions of pounds of public money, none of which will ever be paid back?

Labour are not perfect to put it mildly. But vote for the party of the super rich? No way. I agree with RAW and would vote Labour as best of the bad bunch. And unlike RAW and seemingly everyone here, I actually like Jeremy Corbyn!

MrRAWhite likes this.
  7. Mackem-Tiz

What's to like about Corbyn? Cos he's supposedly a man of principles? He already said he wouldn't use trident in any circumstance. Why tell any possible enemies that??
    And anyone who thinks he would "fix" the nhs is deluded. No one can fix it tbh! My prediction is that the way the population is increasing one day in the future the nhs will be unsustainable. Succesive goverments have all failed to make much of a differance. The labour party of Blair chucked a bucket load of dosh at it but didn't appear to make much of an improvement.

8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

And yet the NHS is regularly measured as more efficient on an economic basis than most other western countries, costs less than half the american model and is currently being privatised year-on-year by a health secretary who literally wrote a book about how you could go about breaking up the nhs and selling it to private companies. Labour are a shambles but the Tories are laughing their arses off whilst selling off assets to their friends.

upload_2017-4-27_23-49-39.png

9. FTM Dave

Yes, he was opposing the Iraq war while Bliar and the Tories were supporting it.

Britain never seriously considered using Trident in the Falklands, the Gulf Wars, etc. Actually use Trident and it's the end of humanity. Who are these enemies anyway? I don't see anyone threatening to invade Britain. The vast majority of the counties in the world don't have nuclear weapons and seem to get by without being invaded.

I stumbled upon a BBC News broadcast last year (promise to look it up tomorrow!) where an ex-NHS boss (not a Corbybnista!) pointed out that Britain spends two thirds of the amount of comparable countries on the NHS. That's why it's in crisis. Maybe not invading Iraq, not cutting taxes for the rich, no privatisation sweeteners, not bailing out the banks (just £45 billion for one bank http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35559602 (I bookmarked this during the EU referendum as it disgusted me how this ****er thinks thieving £45 billion is just OK)) and instead spending money on the NHS would be a good idea.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Jesus wept, another ****ing Syd.

11. FTM Dave

Can you stop talking sense?

You're a Mag! First I agree with your football posts ... and then your political ones ... it shouldn't be like this :1980_boogie_down:

GeordieHalfbreed and MrRAWhite like this.
  12. FTM Dave

In any case, excellent thread by Billy :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

My vote will be centered around health and social care. It's on it's knees. Our elderly deserve adequate dignified care which they're simply not getting. Staff deserve better working conditions and we all deserve good basic hygiene in our medical facilities. Families should never have their world torn apart due to never events. Opioids and sedatives need to be reduced drastically and more channels of therapies, treatments and equipment need to be made available, the mental health sector needs a complete reform, councils need massive improvements in their social care budgets and we need more ambulances for **** sake. It's at crisis point. Thing need to change.

I'll read all the manifestos in due course.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Gil T Azell and MrRAWhite like this.
  14. Mackem-Tiz

Maybe no one threatens to invade Britain BECAUSE we have trident.
    We would only use it as a last option and i hardly think the falklands came under that catagory. How do you, i or anyone else know that we wont be threatened in the future by some nutter like him in North Korea?
    We may not need it right now but we COULD in the future. That's the whole point of trident...just in case!
    In my opinion anyway. I respect other peoples opinions who disagree but that's the way i see it anyway.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Fentonpell, Deleted and FTM Dave like this.
  15. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Torries ar c**ts - its just what they are like a cat is a cat or a dog is a dog. A dog barks a cat meows and the torries shag the working class. The only difference is that the torries have their media to "educate" the masses to think they are not being shafted

And incidentaly why won't May have a TV debate - what is she frightened of after all Corbyn is the antichrist so what could go wrong - right?

16. Mackem-Tiz

Aye she must be petrified of JC
    Aye she must be petrified of JC :emoticon-0136-giggl

17. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Monster raven loony party, at least they will be honest.

Gil T Azell and FTM Dave like this.
  18. FTM Dave

Knew this about you anyway mate, and that is the way I like arguing, even after a pint or ten, rather than getting ****ty & personal :emoticon-0148-yes:

Mackem-Tiz likes this.
  19. Mackem-Tiz

Labour you mean?<laugh>

20. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

The only problem being, there is never much substance in the manifestos of any party.

Gil T Azell likes this.