1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gas Captain

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Midfielder Matt Gill is named the new Bristol Rovers skipper with Adam Virgo appointed vice-captain.

Is this the right choice then lads? Or do you think it should have been someone else?

2. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

I have no problem with Gill being captain.

I bet APL will though the dickhead!!!!

3. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm a big fan of Stuart Campbell but I think this is the right choice. Although Buckle said there were a number
    of candidates I think there was only one runner. Gill is the only signing so far on a 3 year contract. Virgo has
    good presence so he'll sort out the back four.
    I saw the Bitton game last night. A team of youngsters augmented by Cronin and Boateng. I hope Bevan stays
    fit and well; Cronin doesn't inspire confidence. Good evening and I thought it reflected well on the club that
    the directors and management were there, as well as all, or almost all, of the 'first team' squad.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

buckle wants a midfielder to be captain. really it has to be gill. i be cheesed off if it was lines after the season he had last season. here you go lines. a reward for being ****e last season - the captains armband. yes he may have turned a corner and have a better attitude but he gets pissed most weekends and that dont give a good impression to the rest of the team.

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

what no matty harrold, his man management skills are an example to all, i think he would liked to have been a capitain. throw him a bone, let him be deputy assistant relief vice capitain, and he will bang goals in from 60 yards, just a word of caution,make sure he know one set of goal posts from another