1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gary Lineker - the BBC Bellend

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Oct 24, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

For those who are not aware, the jug-eared England footballing hero has strayed into controversy & politics this last week with a series of offensive Tweets about racism and Syrian refugees. He particularly objected to public incredulity when photos of the swarthy, 40 year old Syrian terrorist -lookalikes were passed off as "vulnerable kids", branding critics "RACISTS" <cheers>

Other Lineker Tweets this week:

"Wonder what makes some people feel by sheer good fortune of place of birth superior to others. I need to lie down"

"I'll say what I like on my Twitter feed thanks. However old they are they are bloody human beings like you...well sort of"

"Its the twisted racist Daily Mail. Do you not see that? Unbelievable"

"Imagine if it were you and your children. The I'm alright Jack" mentality is horrendous"

"Idiot"

"Moron"

"No, you f*ck off"

"Getting a bit of a spanking today. Could be worse. Imagine being a refugee having to flee from their home"

Lineker is as entitled to his views as a private citizen as much as anyone, although it is worth pointing out that he kicked a football 20 years ago and doesn't have a Masters in International Affairs.

My objection to the smug big ears is that he is paid £1.5m a year by the BBC to present MOTD and is supposed to be strictly neutral. How is he being neutral when he Tweets during the Liverpool v West From game that the goal was 100% created by "foreigners" with a smiley face ?

Like many thousands, I have contacted the BBC asking for Lineker to be sacked in recent days, only to be told that he is freelance and not a BBC employee.

The bloke is clearly trying to re-invent himself IMO, to boost his commercial earning power.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The Sun-inspired witch-hunt against Lineker - the bottom line is Murdoch's hatred of the Beeb.

3. User deleted as requested

Nope - Lineker wrote his own Tweets, Rupert Murdoch had nothing to do with it. It was actually the Daily Star who exposed Lineker first.
    He is well out of order - surely you agree that BBC presenters have a duty to be strictly neutral.

Lineker should be sacked.

4. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

Unfortunately nobody can say what they think anymore without someone taking offence; and someone in Linekar's position - as much as I'm inclined to agree with his stance - should know that.

It's sad really. There was a lot to be said for what (I think) Clint Eastwood was trying to say recently about there being a 'pussy generation'... He's right, we should just get on with things.

That said I do take objection to Kelvin McKenzie stating this morning that, in the wake of the 'leftie jug-eared Linekar', now somebody of public standing needs to speak for 'the everyman'. I woke up early this morning to watch The Walking Dead and as soon as I put the telly on Nigel Farage was there, and I guarantee I shall see him again when I'm eating my tea with the news on later.

You can make your own Farage/Walking Dead puns by the way; I'll only do them when I see it...

5. User deleted as requested

The BBC commands the support of the Great British Public to be funded by a compulsory TV tax ["the licence fee"] precisely because it is clearly apolitical.

Lineker is thick, and is trying to reinvent himself. Do you know any serious person who hasn't questioned the age of the Syrian "child refugees" who were stupidly let in last week? France is a SAFE COUNTRY. Why are they coming here? They could easily be terrorists.

Lineker has been inundated with Tweets saying "let them stay at your house then" - no answer has come back...

6. ForestHillBilly

It's all a bit North Korea. It's Lineker's personal opinion, it doesn't matter too much who let the dogs out, he's only speaking for himself. I haven't read the media storm, but it all sounds quite hysterical.

7. User deleted as requested

Its precisely because he is speaking as a BBC -re numerated luvvie that it is important.

Would Des Lynam or Frank Bough or Jimmy Hill have sent that Tweet about Liverpool's goal being created "100% by foreigners".

He is taking the p1ss.

8. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

The problem comes when the grown men push themselves in front of vulnerable boys/girls to get picked. The youngsters then disappear off the radar and the men brought over go straight onto Social benefit payments

They become non-contributory members of British Society basically parasites .... a bit like Garry Lineker himself is.

9. User deleted as requested

"National hero" my arse.

10. ForestHillBilly

So Lineker starts off by getting on his high horse. Look what he's started, everyone else wants to be on a higher horse. I'm not a great Lineker fan, far from it, but a bit of perspective is required here.

charltonted, DickPlumb and The Kish like this.

11. User deleted as requested

Judging by the comments that Lineker has provoked, well over 50% of the Great British Public don't want to be on this particular horse at all.

It is all very well for the likes of Lineker and Lily Allen to cry "let them all in" - their kids live in big houses and have private education and private healthcare. They are not affected by the consequences of letting them in.

12. The Kish

52%?

Also don't forget that most of the Government are privately educated landowners!

13. User deleted as requested

At least 99.9% of that statement is completely inaccurate :emoticon-0148-yes:

The Kish likes this.
  14. The Kish

I know but it fits my agenda better that way <cheers>

15. User deleted as requested

You will be claiming that the wicked Tories want to send children up chimneys next :emoticon-0148-yes:

16. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Gary Lineker was one of our clients when I used to work in Corporate Finance in the City. I have spoken to him on a number of occasions and he is an arrogant prick, who treated me like I was something he had scraped from his shoes. I also had some dealings with Mike Ashley when he was taking over Newcastle. He was an ignorant toe rag.

17. User deleted as requested

Post of the Day <applause>

18. ForestHillBilly

Why does McFrenzy call Lineker "Leftie"? Has McCarthyism hit Britain at last?

19. User deleted as requested

Have a look at Mr Smug's Twitter page for your answer

Hillary Clinton - tick

Mass immigration - tick

Jeremy Corbyn for PM next <laugh>

20. ForestHillBilly

But he has wandering hands where the ladies are concerned, and I heard that from a temp who worked with him for a short time.