1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Crusaders

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I though selecting Briggs was a good bit of man-management from Jol. If Briggs had been left out altogether to accomodate Riise the Elder, it might have sent the wrong message after some decent performances from him in the previous games. This way it tells him that he's still in Jol's plans even though he's signed a new experienced left back.

I'll bow to the judgement of those who were actually there, but I thought Briggs did well enough in midfield against part-time opposition, but I think the Bale comparisons are a bit hopeful. I wouldn't expect to see him regularly turning out in that position against higher quality opposition.

2. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Captain, I agree any comparisons are too early but one can hope!! LOL

The good thing is that he can be a good sub to give a run to tired midfielders and defenders...,

3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Uh, uh job done and 3 really, really good goals. Agree about Briggs and esp. the confidence thing. Sidwell was the chap I felt most for. Worked his socks off, and in the end sufferred by perhaps trying too hard.

Disappointing stats though - apart from the goals, shots (not hesders) on target in first half 1; in second half 0.

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Highlights if anyone wants to see the goals again:

[video]http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/CrusadersHighlights.aspx[/video]

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Was there on Thursday and so great to be back.

Good job done and all credit to Crusaders who played a spirited and disciplined game.

It's difficult to tell too much from a one sided game but one thing that did strike me was the strength and skill of Riise the younger. Previously I felt he was too often pushed off the ball easily but he appears to have beefed up and looks quite an athelete. He had a good 20 minutes. I watched him play for Lillistrom and he was very skilfull. I think the loan move has improved him and with his brother with us now he could be one to watch.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Let's hope so, COYW. I liked what I first saw in him, and then was disappointed that he didn't push on. I think the change of manager has given him a last chance which he wouldn't have got if Hughes had stayed. The next few months might determine whether he has a future with us.