1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

From Huw Jenkins to PU Stankens..

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by seabreeze, Oct 4, 2016.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

What happened?
    From proud supporter to shameful greed , they are two different men .
    I officially loathe him ...

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. seabreeze

I wish I was a fly on the fuselage inside the plane when PU Stankens was rolling down the runway with Morgan in tow on their way to South America ( the capital of secret meetings in the World) .
    If it was to find a new manager , what was Morgan doing there ?
    Whens the last time you seen a Chairman jump a plane ,within days of sacking your last manager , to go to see a prospective replacement thousands of miles away ?
    Does anyone really know who else Stankens met with , besides the " Front " meeting with Bielsa ?
    Jenkins and Morgan were there trying to settle down the American takeover plans IMO , trying to save the " deal "( in secret ) to make themselves rich ...after selling the Americans previously on Swansea's best finish ever with there new , young English born manager who some had earmarked as the next England manager .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  3. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

The whole thing stinks. They are now saying it is great for American football. Who cares! Some one said on Radio Wales last night this is the worst thing to happen to Swansea City, when you consider all the things we had to put up with like Tony Petty that is a big call, I hope they are not right.

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

For me.......IT IS.

Edit.........

My club of over 50 years is going down the Tawe.

Heartbroken.

neveroffsidereff and seabreeze like this.
  5. seabreeze

When things went south for Monk and he got sacked the American buyers , much like managers and strikers at the time , wanted to step back from Swansea's precarious position . Once Guidolin secured Premier League football for another season managers , strikers and the American investors started lining up again with Stankens holding the cards . Once the deal was completed it didn't take long for them to move Donavon into to place and not long after that to move Guidolin along for the Bradley fighting vehicle to drive right in . Stankens and Morgan couldn't care less about anything but their money by that point .
    Funny how Stankens stuck with Monk after he should have sacked him after the Norwich game with 3 weeks till the next game but sacked Guidolin after 7 games with a two week break ...on the heels of two reasonable performances against the top two teams in the Premier ..... I hope Stankens and Morgan choke on their next meal , the greedy pricks

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    PGFWhite likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I presume 'Stankens' = Jenkins?....................................<laugh>

7. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

"The club has a very good track record in the past decade of finding players and we want to maintain that process and figure out ways of enhancing it," he says.

"Analytics is a part of that, increasing the scouting network and looking in new areas for players."

Kaplan nods and adds: "We're not going to outspend many other clubs in the Premier League. We've got to be a little bit faster, a little bit smarter, a little bit craftier."

Kaplan and Levien are wise enough not to reveal just how much money they have at their disposal for strengthening Swansea's squad. Teams that use Analytics are Aston Villa and Brentford

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  8. seabreeze

We went from a poster team for smaller clubs in the Premier to a club that has board members that belong on posters reading "Wanted ".
    We went from a club who brought in managers who excelled in adding value and good play to the squad to a Chairman's " Toy ".
    We went from a club who respected the Supporters trust and the hugely important financial thrust that was massively important at a precarious time to a club that kept the trust fund in the dark as they prepared to make huge personal profit , something the trust isn't allowed to do .
    Well Stankens " Toy " is the American's " Toy' now , and we are a club that teams look past as special .
    The Americanization of a troubled club with a useless and greedy board is well under way and trying to get the club back to where it was is a major ask ...if possible at all .
    The treatment received by 2 of our past 3 managers is inexcusable IMO , and has set the bar very low indeed toward treatment of those to come .

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Slight over reaction don't you think roof? So what if Huw Jenkins doesn't share his diary with you, boo hoo, so what if he doesn't bend over backwards for you or bare his arshole so you can see where sun shines from. You seem to lay the demise of our club squarely at his feet.

We were once a gem of club, right up to the instant Mr Morgan, allegedly, dipped his wick into Dyers wife. I didn't hear anything about Jenkins making up a threesome there. Allegedly because of the fall out of an acrimoniousness divorce settlement between Mr and Mrs M due to this alleged infidelity, Mrs M demanded a cash settlement from Mr which Mr M could only raise through sale of his shares in the club. Allegedly Mrs M refused an offer of a share transfer thus plunging the club into a financial crisis with the only solution being its sale. It had to be sold because, allegedly, the other major shareholders leaped on this as an excuse to cash in on their shares too, which many did, including Dineen, allegedly.

So, as far as I can see we can blame everyone for where we are now but also we can blame no one either, because we are where we are because of everyone involved. All anyone has done is to allow the club to make good on the their initial investment, the same investments which saved the club in the first place. Also the club has made good on their continued investments, the ones which helped us sail through the leagues and into the premiership. Is it all just Huw Jenkins fault?

Its all a bit quantum to me in as much as its evreybodys fault while at the same time nobody's to blame. Anyway, we may not be as shiny as we were but its still my club and still will be when everyone's gone home.

Kifflom! and 55282 like this.
  10. seabreeze

If you think the club was fine up till Morgan dinked Dyers old lady , that's fine ...its your opinion .
    It all started with the firing of Laudrups agent is my opinion , and went totally down hill from there .
    We will have spent almost twice as much on sacking the last 3 managers than we spent the summer before last on transfers ...
    So I guess your good with "dealing " the club to the Americans " In Secret , away from any knowledge of the people of the trust ...the people who knew they would never see their money again but cared enough to help the club
    I love the club ...I loathe the people running it ...especially , it seems , your buddy Stankens

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Imo, your being completely unreasonable Roof

How could we fire Tumulutu, he didn't work for us ever. In fact his actions worked directly against us when he attempted to gain an influence in our club by taking control of our transfer policy. Thinking that we were a titchy little welsh club which could be bullied and pressured into using his agency as the sole suppliers backfired on him we are not the titchy little Welsh club he thought we were.

We protected and defended ourselves from his underhand dealings which were directly interfering with and adversely affecting our ability to sign players in the transfers markets. Huw Jenkins, instructed by and acting on behalf of the old board, banned the underhand motherfucker from the club. I don't understand at all how you can be upset with Huw Jenkins, or the board he represented, for protecting the club at the time. All Huw Jenkins did was to act upon the instructions of the board which were to ban Tumulutu from the club. After that it all turned sour with Michael Laudrup who Tumulutu managed and controlled.

Yes, we have sacked our last three managers, but why? Because of they under achieved as managers. The 'points on the board' earned under their control weren't sufficient enough to keep us out of a relegation battle, so in each case something had to be done don't you think?. In my view, each manager had squads capable of more than a relegation battle yet each was being steered to an event horizon we couldn't escape from. If things continued we may well have never escaped relegation, hence their dismissal.

I think its naive to talk about the 'feelings' of well paid coaches when the position they've coached the club into threatens its existence in the Premiership. As managers each knew the situation all too well. They knew that failure is not an option and each knew that they were or are in a results oriented business. Maybe this is what Guidolin didn't know when he recited his catchphrase 'I don't know'. I'd personally prefer a manager that does know, regardless of how 'nice' he is perceived to be.

Huw Jenkins isn't my buddy Roof and its silly of you suggest he is simply because I offer a different opinion to yours.

I actually know him as well as you do Roof but one thing I'm convinced of is that he is not responsible for our the under performance of of our team under each sacked manager, nor is he responsible for their overall poor performance as managers, nor is he solely responsible for the sale of our club to the Americans, who you seem to resent much. Would you resent them still if they were, say, Danish? maybe? maybe not? only you know the answer to that one. Like most on Planet Earth though Roof, Huw Jenkins doesn't have the chrystal ball vision we one eyed fans see our club with.

The consequence of the actions of both the old and the new boards is that we have the small matter of The Swans Vs Arsenal to look forward to in a week or so and I suggest that because of their historical and recent actions, the chances of watching The Swans Vs Arsenal for the next couple of years have been improved this week.

Stankens? takes the impact away from your post Roof, it makes you sound like the scorned kid who wasn't picked to play in the schoolyard derby.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Kifflom! likes this.
  12. seabreeze

In your estimate , SCFC was bought down by a scorned wife of a board member and the rest of the investors deceided to cash in (Stankens being one of the biggest winners ) and that lessens Stankens involvment ?
    Stankens started undermining Laudrup before the second season was even started I think with chasing Laudrups agent from the scene . Then bellyached about having to pay to much for Bony as not being the Swansea Way . Stankens was plotting already for Laudrups removel. Jenkins was part of the solution to the club at one time .Then he became part of the problem when he became P U Stankens...just my opinion

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  13. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the search for new owners commenced before Morgan's alleged indiscretions.

As for Laudrup, I have believed for some time that his relationship with his agent is effectively "Good Cop, Bad Cop". In other words, the agent does Laudrup's "dirty" work, whilst Laudrup sits aloof and above it all with "clean hands". Perhaps Huw saw through them.....

Just a thought!

Stumpy likes this.
  14. seabreeze

Stankens was pissed off that Laudrup and his agent were shopping Williams around . Williams , a guy who tested the transfer waters every transfer window and Laudrup and his agent finally stood up to him , and I for one was very pleased they did . When Stankens showed Laudrups agent the door , PU got bitten by the power trip of it and didn't stop till he made his millions and now he is a rich puppet to the Americans .
    Regardless of when the " Alleged " Morgan indiscretions began , if it was what brought the forced deal to the table ..it means to me the whole board would have known of the indiscetions and all members of the board should be forced out .

15. Taffvalerowdy

I suppose that the prospective fee to be earned hadn't crossed Tumulutu's mind?

Promotion to the PL & then staying there brought to a head the question of how the Shareholders could realise the huge paper gain on their investment.

Jack to a King was "in reality" a video sales prospectus - part of the overall Exit Strategy. If they wanted more investment into the Club then rather than sell their shares they could have issued brand new shares to the Yanks - thereby the proceeds would have gone into the Club's coffers i.e. real new/additional investment - or a combination of new shares and a part sale to satisfy an alleged divorce settlement.

Stumpy likes this.
  16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Good discussion guys

17. seabreeze

Laudrup and his agent were responsible for bringing in Michu and Chico for a total of under 5 million ...two players that were front and center to what I consider our best season ever with 40 points in 28 games and the League Cup in the case before the "Players took their foot off the gas " after the glory of it all
    How much did the agent make off those two transfers taff.
    And what you said about Laudrups agent could be said about ALL agents .
    By the way , anyone here anything else on the promised " Statement " on the Vorm fiasco ?..No ..Know why ..Cause we had to pay money to put up the appearance we won the case . That promised statement will never come . Another " Shiner " in the eyes of most unbiased fans .

18. Taffvalerowdy

Not sure what Michu & Chico have to do with it. They came at the start when Laudrup wanted a create something. We were talking about Timbuktu (or whatever his name is) attempting to hawk our skipper behind the Club's back.
    In any event, Timbuktu would have made a turn selling Chico to ..... Laudrup's "new" team in Qatar.......
    Timbuktu & Laudrup go back many many years ......
    As for Vorm, knowing the Dutch as I do, if Utrecht had "won" they'd have shouted it from the "rooftops" (pardon the pun!) <cheers>

19. seabreeze

After agreeing to payment , they weren't allowed to . It's why we got so pissed at them when they mumbled a line in the media .
    Our club said no one can say anything till a statement came from the courts ...a statement all parties knew wasn't coming .
    Its coming up to over6 months past the date that statement was promised.

20. Taffvalerowdy

The
    Huw said last month that the Statutory Accounts will be filed & published in October.

However, I understand that that is not now going to happen this month ......