1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forward Planning.... CAT B Games

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Jan 29, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

The attendance yesterday --- 5316 of whom 223 were Shrewsbury supporters ( not including Mr. Kettle ).

The figure was particularly worrying when you consider it was our first home game for 4 weeks- and given it was the first home match for the new management ( and after a gutsy performance last week ).
    If we get sucked into [deeper] relegation battle the numbers could plummet.

I'd like to remind season ticket holders that the next TWO home games are CAT B games. ( unless the AFC Wimbledon game - not Cat B ), gets sandwiched in between ). They are the only games in which you can use your ONE voucher - to get 2 extra, free tickets - for one of those games. Please remember to use them -- it's the only concession for STH -- don't NOT use them !................. the team needs as much support as possible.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

The ref Mr Kettle was excellent on Saturday mainly trying to let the game flow. One of the best i have seen at home this season.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

To be honest - he's been a lot worse on previous occasions --- although Dack might not appreciate the lack of protection ( from a huge whack from behind ) - also the referee missed a blatant 'pull down' on McDonald in the penalty area late in the game..................... but I'm not going to blame the referee for a performance by the team that wasn't quite good enough to deserve 3 points ............. and let's not forget that Shrewsbury somehow managed to miss 2 'open' goals.