1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forster Boo-Boys

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saints Fan4Life, Dec 28, 2016.

1. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

The idiots aside, I do think that Forster has been "found out" a bit this season. A goalkeeping coach I know told me soon after we bought him, that Fraser does a lot of the basics wrong and it's been a good defence in front of him that has limited his errors.

I have nothing to back this up, but I sometimes worry if his eyesight is an issue? He often seems "surprised" by the ball.

Saint Sosa and Velcro Roy like this.
  2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Not really the goal, it's just Forster's whole demeanor. The guy just looks like he either doesn't give a **** (hope it isn't that) or he simply is down as ****.

When he gets something wrong (like his kicking) he looks like he knew it would go wrong anyways, so **** it.

There is something wrong with him, either his knee injury is back or he has just had a huge drop in form. He simply doesn't look like he wants to try or even be out there. Just look at the goals and look at his (non) reaction afters.

The guy needs to be dropped, not because he is playing poorly. But because he needs to be helped.

3. Saintjoey

Saintjoey Well-Known Member

Couldn't bear to watch the game back, should he have saved the header?

4. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

That make sense, because they probably won't have seen Kelvin Davis play.

Just kidding.

5. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

I have never understood the booing of players during the match. Totally self defeating. Only ever helps the opposition.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

6. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

I watched the highlights (no surprises there) and at one point he batted a shot directly at him over the bar for a corner.

It seemed like he didn't know what to do and just played hot potato with the ball.

7. It’s Only A Game

It’s Only A Game Well-Known Member

I've voiced my concerns about Fraser more than once, but I don't think he can be blamed for any of last night's goals. The ironic cheering, chanting for Tadic and the rest is just moronic, but I'm not surprised by it.

8. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

He's not been a liability but something clearly isn't right. His body language is terrible, at times he moves like I did a few years ago after I pulled a hamstring and his save percentage for the season is now below 50%.

For reference, the best keepers are above 70% and I can only see three others (Marshall, Mandanda and Fabianski) below 60% this season. The much-maligned Stekelenburg's was just over 60% for us last season.

9. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

Sorry,I'm so sorry to admit this but I left after 86mins with my 9 year old son as I'd been up since 02:45 to go to work and had to be up at the same time this morning,again I'm very sorry.

10. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

I don't do car stickers, but I was tempted by the one that read "Supporting Saints is for life, not just the Premier League"

Having said that we had ****ers when in Div 1. Kelvin came in for some grief. We are Southampton not Real ****ing Madrid. Our team is going to get stuffed occasionally. Live with it.

BTW, nice to see you back, Pompeymeowth. Voice of reason from our blue neighbours.

AshbySaint, RSS and fatletiss like this.

11. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Apology accepted this time, moron. But do it again and we'll break your legs <party>

AS MY NORTHERN HUMOUR IS LOST ON SOME, THIS IS A ****ING JOKE!

AshbySaint, steve79 and Craig smith like this.
  12. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

I'll try but it depends if my eyelids start to droop

13. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

The only people who shoud be booed are politicians. So each time you see one, even if you like Boris Johnson, just boo him for being one!!

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

So it is up to the decent supporters to tell the antagonists around them to stop their booing of either their own players or opposition ones. I for one would cheer Lallana as he was brilliant for Southampton.

Archers Road likes this.
  15. stjohnson

stjohnson Active Member

Dont understand the booing , if we boo our own players can we honestly expect them to sign new deals and stay , personally i think we have 2 very good keepers. Get behind the team

fatletiss likes this.
  16. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Reported to Hants Constabulary.

17. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Leaving early sadly happens at all grounds in the country............While I agree the majority leave because they want to get out of their respective car park quickly, or they just want to miss the crowds. There is genuine reasons sometimes why folks leave early. A typical example used to be my cousin, he lived at Fair Oak and had to start work at 6 pm. So on certain shift days he would leave at 4.45 (6/7 mins early) so he could get home change and be at work on time. A mate of his used to have to leave roughly the same time because his train used to leave central at around 5.15 for Reading.
    The vast majority don't though which is definitely disappointing. Mind you I do have a bit of Sympathy sometimes, especially the way Saints played this last game, I suspect a lot were so disappointed they just joined the exodus. I don't know which is worse........Booing your own players or walking out on the team early?
    We certainly didn't have a game plan for going a man down thats for sure..........Which seems to expose the system Puel played..........That was a hammering a rare one at that at home. Very disappointing..............COYS

18. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

To me his body language has always been similar to that. He's also never been particularly mobile either.

I said months back that I thought he was carrying an injury. Perhaps he is.

That aside, I'm not that worried by him.

19. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

He missed playing for England twice....which suggests that he isn't 100%. :(

Saints Fan4Life and fatletiss like this.
  20. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Anyone know when McCarthy is available again?