1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football supporters against terrorism .....

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

That's because I am right.

"This is a football forum, hes a football supporter, his team are playing my team and I thought this was a harmless little gesture."

And, as I've just said I don't need the permission of some sanctimonious misery to carry on working on it.

You've really shown yourself up on this thread, just go away.

2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I am pleased he is working on it, a great gesture from a great lad..

Smug is like Millwall..

No ****er likes him but he don't care..<ok>

<smooch>

Billy Death and Smug in Boots like this.
  3. Smug in Boots

Thanks but, not just me Joe ..... donations from us, Newcastle, Darlo, etc.

It's just a little 'thank you' from some football supporters to another one.

Like I said, it won't change his life, but it might help the psychological scars to heal just a bit quicker.

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I haven't donated, I have little spare cash at the moment and if I donate I think I'd find a better cause that would make more of a difference but can't believe this thread has been dragged into the Mud.

So what if he shouted the name of his club, who are we to judge where someone draws their inspiration from if it's inspired for the greater good and defiance to evil? It inspired him to stand up to them where many ran. He saved lives and risked his life.

Nostalgic, you've been extremely insensitive on this thread, you've not just made your point you've forced it and distorted a feel good thread into a 4 page argument. Just cause it's not your cause doesn't mean you have to argue against it in what looks like an attempt devalue other people's causes. I know you didn't mean to cause offence but you have. Maybe an apology and step back?

He's on Good Morning Britain now by the way everyone.

Billy Death likes this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Nostalgic is hooked on that Alan HENNING story from about 3 years ago, because Smug and several others including myself said it was a ridiculously foolish thing to do and it was. As usual he goes in two footed without looking at any facts, perhaps he'll do some reading one day about his favourite topic.

6. Smug in Boots

I had a nice call from Sean, at the Evening Chronicle, today who's very happy to cover this story.

He seemed really keen to get something out quickly to boost the fund which is nice.

For anyone interested I'll post any updates and links.

7. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

No way was I insensitive in my first post on here nor did distort any facts. Just did not see the need to single him out about above others as, like many that night. were also brave. No apology will be forthcoming either as I answered all points that were put to me.

From then on the debate was mainly Smug's need to justify this trip in his usual way of deconstructing sentences to answer each of my points. No way at all did I debase this man's bravery that night, but if Smug feels the need to give him a trip to Sunderland than he can do, which I said previously.

8. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Accurate enough up to a point as Alan Henning was captured by the IS because they had tremendous gains including the area that Henning's joint convoy was delivering goods. Prior to that the are had been declared safe otherwise he would not have been there, so maybe he was not foolish, just unlucky enough to cost him his life in a horrible way.

I am not hooked on anything by the way, open mind at all times.

9. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Think this has died a death now. I never give to charity collections because I like to give to the ones close to my heart. If anyone doesn't want to chip in for this bloke then don't. Complicated it isn't...

Montysoptician and Smug in Boots like this.
  10. Smug in Boots

I don't need to justify anything I do to the likes of you ...... I was happy to start it, am happy to continue it and will be happy to finish it, end of story.

You did debase his bravery in your very first post ..... "I for one do not see the fuss about this bloke."

In your second post you said, " I have little time for the likes of this guy."

When Joe challenged you, the backtracking response was, "I do have admiration for his type."

So, we've established you're a hypocrite.

You claimed he'd been singled out for media attention.

I had to point out how totally wrong you were. You quoted the story of the 'unsung doorman' who, as I explained had also been on ITV Breakfast News, been interviewed by the BBC and had appeared in the Star, Evening Standard, etc.

You ignored the basic point that I was doing this because he's a supporter of a team who'll be playing my team.

You disregarded the fact this is a football forum thereby making the gesture totally appropriate.

You post, "How I go about rewarding people and contributing to society is my business and it will be kept to myself."

Then you don't keep it to yourself <doh>

You keep 'giving me permission' to carry on and have done that on numerous occasions ......

..... let me make this totally clear, I don't give a toss for your opinions or 'permission'.

What I do is absolutely none of your business so please stop making the same ludicrous point again and again and gain.

Brian Storm likes this.

11. Smug in Boots

One idiot shouting should never hold sway Sid ...... the fund is actually gathering momentum and I'm sure it will top the £1000 mark.

What nicer gesture from football supporters, to one of their own, to make a simple and harmless little gesture.

No need for anyone to get themselves all worked up about it tbh.

Nostalgic has gone from 'making a point' to attention seeking at it's very worst.

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

I was referring to the bitching, mate. Not the thread. It's a good cause whatever anyone says and, as you say, we play his team in the not-too-distant.

I bet there's a few doormen passing the hat for the bloke Nostalgic referenced anarl...

13. Smug in Boots

I've no doubt mate and, if I was still on the doors, would've organised something along those lines.

But, as I've said, this is a football forum and he's a football supporter ...... a totally harmless little gesture tbh.

As a member of the church and Salvation Army I don't need some miserable hypocrite telling me 'where I'm going wrong'.

Anyway Sid, fancy a pint at the return fixture ...... my round I reckon <laugh>

14. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

Why not? :) Never drunk round their place though, as it gets a bit hairy!

Coincidentally, I walk past the Sally Army HQ near St Paul's most days. Take the Millennium Bridge back to London Bridge via the South Bank, which is a great walk in the summer.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  15. Smug in Boots

Nee bother Sid, we'll all have 'diplomatic immunity' by the time I've done <laugh>

16. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

You said you had no time for him.
    It's there for all to see.
    Shove it up your **** pipe you sick old twat. <ok>

Smug in Boots likes this.
  18. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Nope only you made your point with the first post but you just kept on at chipping away at the thread. Suddenly a feel good thread of good will becomes a thread about Nostalgic's objections. Sense the tone.

19. Smug in Boots

Had a great call from David, at the Sunderland Echo, who's already posted an article on-line and it will be in the paper tomorrow.

He's very keen to cover the 'event' on match day so perhaps a few people, from here, could be involved.

As I said to the Echo this is as much a gesture to the terrorists, who wish to alter our everyday behaviour, as it is to the lad.

I'll never be scared to live my life the way I choose which is why I want to send out a signal, no matter small, to these bellends.

These terrorists are no different to the Nazis who our fathers and other ancestors fought against imo.

A daft gesture, and humour, can make a difference just as this did in the last war.

Laughing at them is often the best way to ridicule them and make that difference .....

"Sunderland fans fund-raise for Millwall supporter who fought London Bridge attackers."

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-who-fought-london-bridge-attackers-1-8594924

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Disco down under likes this.
  20. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

What's the lads view on it mate?