1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fontaine

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bluebird55, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bluebird55

bluebird55 Member

WILL BE GONE FOR 1M BY MIDDAY so ive just been told by a little bird. a robin i think<party>

2. ashtonmadness

ashtonmadness Member

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-s-Liam-Fontaine-heads-pound-1/story-13191785-detail/story.html

Cheerio matey, thanks for the last few years and good luck. Fancy taking Nicky Hunt with you. Please! !

3. dontgonigel

dontgonigel Member

Hi guys, looks like we are taking fontaine from you guys, it may sound a little optimistic and slightly arrogant but we are building for the premier league whether it's this year or next, I am not convinced LF is the man to help get us their, what are your honest thoughts about loosing what I am told is your captain? Good luck this season guys we will be seeing you in the cup soon! You owe us the odd favor after smashing the gas a couple of times last season! ;-)

4. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

Since our pre-season preparations I've yet to hear a single bad thing about Nicky Hunt. He's not been brilliant, but if Fontaine is on his way then I think Hunt should be given a chance to see what he can do under Millen. For all we know he may have another year or two in him and he might be able to bring some of the form he had at Bolton.

5. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Hunt is a right back not a centre half, so a bit irrelevant.
    £1m is good business - will enable us to look for a ball winning centre half

6. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Can't say i'm disappointing in him going to be honest

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Fonts is a squad player,will do a job,but no guaranteed a place.
    good business,im sure something will be in place regards his departure.

8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

mclidst3 - 'He can play centre back. Did so in a preseason game if I remember'
    And
    EnderMB 'Since our pre-season preparations I've yet to hear a single bad thing about Nicky Hunt'

Wrote this after the Bath City friendly.

'Just back from the game. We were dire.
    Millen reckons we're starting to play his style - daft little sideways ball that got us nowhere, then hoof it. Whoever thinks Hunt did well tonight wasn't at the game and remember we're playing a Conference side. Each time the ball was crossed in we didn't have a clue'

Stop clutching at straws, Hunt is useless.

9. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

A million pounds is a great deal for us, LF is a capable left sided Championship defender, I think if he is organised he will be alright.

If LF had been given the captains armband at any point it would have only been for one game, he is far from a gurenteed starter at Ashton Gate, let alone a vital cog.

I would say it was the toss of a coin who was better out of LF and Lewin Nytanga, neither have made themselves a first choice centre back pick since we entere the Championship.

Its a shame to lose one of the final remainders of the promotion team, but if we cant get better for a million quid then there is a problem in the world.

10. Ronnabe

Ronnabe New Member

He's been our captain on a handful of occasions and has stagnated over the past few years. Word is you're paying around £1 Million for him, which is if anything generous.

11. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

Hunt started as a centre defender before moving to right back when Bolton were short in that position which is why he is one of a few right backs his height. Looks like though it was Ribs and Hunt at Full back. Line up makes it look like Hunt played on the left. I do think everyone should be given a second chance as since we have not seen him maybe he has got into shape over the summer and is now fit?

Looks like Jackson also had a good game. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench in the next game.

12. WhatDoesWoyWant?

"By accepting Southampton's offer, City will generate additional revenue for Millen to spend in the transfer market."

Let's hope he gets a shift on then

13. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

14. ashtonmadness

ashtonmadness Member

Wonder if his injuries have caught him out, wouldn't surprise me.
    Shame would have been a good deal

15. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

I did say that i would be shocked if this deal goes through. his ankle is nackered. Ledley King is fitter than Fontaine these days