1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

flash gordon

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by billpev, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Couple this with the fact that Stokes deivery was consistently outstanding(cough Jordan).

The whole defence was poor, but Gordon deserves his stick for this ONE game.

He's won us points all season.

2. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Everyone used to rave about Cech, I always thought it was more the Chelsea defence protecting him.

The Chelsea defence has been going missing a lot lately and Cech has been found wanting.

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Cech is quite like flash, a great shot stopper, but occasionaly suspect on crosses, in my eyes.

The Liverpool goal yesterday was a casing point.

We couldn't buy a better keeper than flash at our current level, it's that simple.

4. mackem911

mackem911 Member

Not CG's finest Hour.However we were the better side and should have won comfortably. We were hard done by and have every right to blame the officials.IMO.

5. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

I've been watching Craig Gordon for nearly 9 years now (My best mate and old flatmate is a massive Hearts fan) and he is easily the best British goalkeeper at the minute. Joe Hart gets all the praise because he plays for Man City and is English. He's had more bad games with a £100 million defence in front of him than Gordon has had this season. Plus Gordon has been plagued with that bad arm.

Yet when you watch a Man City game they run out of superlatives for how good Joe Hart is. Gordon made possibly the best save I've ever seen this season for you boys. All goalkeepers make mistakes, even the top ones. Gordon has held his own at International level against the likes of Italy, Germany, France and Holland in recent years.

6. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Some might think he isn't even the best keeper at Sunland mate! I'm always defending Gordon but when we really needed him in the last minute of the game to be brave and strong and come out and punch the friggin ball....he bottled it! He got no help of the defence like as it's shocking that we allowed the ball to litterally drop into the 6 yard box without any of our defenders OR keeper attacking it.