1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Firmino Charged !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Dec 26, 2016.

1. saintKlopp

I'm not sure how you work that one out, tbh - unless I've misunderstood what you've written.
    Nobody is, or should be, excused, but someone with the wealth to easily find a viable alternative has even less excuse for "taking a chance".

I do agree that we should all wait to know the full circumstances before passing judgement, but it's difficult to think of any situation that would exonerate him.

Anyway, this is my sole contribution to the board for now as I'm off out in a minute (driving, not drinking) - so all have fun and stay safe. <ok>

2. FedLadSonOfAnfield

That's not the point being made though is it

What has been said is that Firmino could hire whatever kind of professional driver or cab/taxi he wanted, drop a grand on the driver's lap, then say take me to X place, wait outside while I go and have a good time, then drive me back to my 7 bedroom gated property. No drama and all this would never have happened and it would have been at no inconvenience to him whatsoever, none at all, financially or transportively (not a word but I made it up ... aren't i clever)

An average person would have to get a train, cab, bus, lift there, whatever and then either get a train, cab, bus, lift back and if that means leaving early it means leaving early. Whatever ...

Just don't drive when you've been drinking. That's the main point. Whatever your economic status. Just because average people can't afford a chauffeur or to do the above like Firmino could doesn't mean we're saying their excuse when they're nicked and sat in the back of the police car should be ... ''but officer I couldn't afford the chaffeur !!' And of course the office should be like 'Well in that case we're very sorry about the inconvenience, off you go'

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

FFS... I know that wasn't the point being made, hence the hashtag <doh>

4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I'm sure we're allowed a few miskicks before they stop sponsoring us, and Firmino incident might not make a difference in their opinion.

A few more such incidents and they might start batting those eyelids like an angry king Kong with a rat in his eye.

If this were a video game, it's just losing a life before sponsors grumble... Not losing the whole game. Annoying but not critical.

Unless it's FIFA. Losing lives in that game is serious.

Zanjinho likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I never said he would get locked up, or even that he should. I'm just incredulous as to how a man in his position in this day and age doesn't get a driver if they know they are or may be drinking. Not pious over the drink pee se, as Klopp has said he doesn't mind and he trusts the.. This is an abuse of that trust though.

Anyway,
    What? That's absurd. That's like saying you shouldn't go out on the piss and get a taxi or a train home because poor people can't afford the fare too.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Sponsors had a bit of a grumble about Suarez but it didn't really have that much of a impact. Just our reputation got battered following the t-shirts <laugh>

7. FedLadSonOfAnfield

With sponsors it depends how much the people who actually make the decisions and hold the power within those invested companies even care about what goes on at LFC beyond the business analytics and stocks and shares, would most of the executives even remember on a daily basis that they're invested in the club without management and their club associates either being in touch with them about something specific or just bringing it up as a reminder ??

8. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Are you seriously saying that you can understand someone getting so pissed that they get behind a wheel more that someone who knows they're just over the limit and does it anyway? Both are ****s. If you know you're having a drink, simply don't drive. Make alternative arrangements like booking a taxi or, in Firmino 's case, hire a ****ing driver. Don't leave it until you've had a drink to make the choice one way or another.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nope. Trying reading <ok>

When you're pissed, you make stupid decisions. Doesn't make it right, far from it, but people make mistakes. If something happens then they have to face the consequences.

What bugs me more is when someone has three or four pint before knowingly and willingly taking to the wheel to drive illegally. They 100% know what they're doing which isn't always the case when hammered.

Neither are acceptable and deserve the resulting punishments, if not more.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Even if he'd made the decision after drinking it's not like it would've been difficult to get somebody to drive him given who he is

We don't know the context yet. It could be as somebody else posted that it's one of those 8am stops where he's still over from the night before. Doesn't make it right or excuse him in anyway but my more pressing concern there would be that he's drunk so much that he's still over the limit which as a pro player, let alone as somebody getting into a car, is really irresponsible

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Exactly. He would have still been a **** as far as Liverpool are concerned as it means he had a skin full.

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  12. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Absolutely if you're still over at that time, you've glugged a fair bit either pints for days style or keeping going bit by bit till the (very) small hours

Zanjinho likes this.
  13. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Anyways he shoulda just stayed home chillin with a few bongs ... bet he wishes that was the case now :emoticon-0176-smoke

jenners04 likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Of course, there is another unlikely scenario... spiked drink!

Someone (bitter Evertonian?) spikes his drink and rings the police pre-warning them that Firmino willing be drink driving later.

<whistle>

jenners04 and FedLadSonOfAnfield like this.
  15. FedLadSonOfAnfield

They'd had it planned for months after a sophisticated stalking and hacking plan

#weknowwhotheyare

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

You need to get through the 3 or 4 pint stage before getting to the hammered stage.

At some point you have to realise. "Oh, I've had too many, I should probably make travel arrangements".

At some point he must have realised he was getting intoxicated and needed to make plans before he was too wasted.

To me the most excusable scenario would be if he got hammered, thought he had slept it off long enough, got in his car, was pulled and they detected the night before alcohol.

In that scenario, it could just be an error on his part. You can easily be past the limit but feel quite sober, especially if you haven't taken a new drink in a number of hours.

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm hoping he's a complete light weight because he doesn't normally have a drop. One point what put him over the limit in that scenario.

He's a **** for drink driving but it's all about the effect for LFC for me.

Couldn't give a **** if he's got to do 100hrs community service and he's banned from driving for two years.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Toure was done few weeks back if I remember (or was it someone else?) and he got a fine

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

****ing disgraceful if true.

Standard punishment for being over the limit (with no further complications) is 2yr ban and 100yrs community service.

The amount over the limit is irrelevant.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Seems harsh

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.