1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Final Points Total?

Discussion in 'League 2' started by brb, Apr 6, 2011.

1. brb

brb Guest

All League Two fans, how many points do you think your team will finish on by the end of the season?

Please list your remaining fixtures and what you think the outcome of the game will be, include your teams current points and your projected finishing points.

I compete in the noircat leagues on the O/S Gills site, so I'm going to include my forecasted outcome from those predictions...

Current points total = 61

A Lincoln City DRAW
    H Morcambe WIN
    H Barnet WIN
    A Rotherham DRAW
    H Macclesfield WIN
    A Chesterfield WIN

Final points total = 75

I'm not sure what position in the league that will finish us or whether it is enough for an auto place. Probably the most uncertain out of the above outcomes, would be Chesterfield for me, really dependent on whether they have already won the title.

If we could take all 3 points at either Lincoln or Rotherham than I will be happy.

Your team predictions please...

2. Random Nutjob

Random Nutjob New Member

Current points 78

A Hereford WIN
    H Macclesfield WIN
    A Oxford DRAW
    H Bury DRAW
    A Torquay WIN
    H Gillingham WIN

Predicted points 92

Now, I think the above might be slightly presumptions given Towns amazing track record of losing / drawing to lower league sides. I would hate for a loss but we can afford one as we are ten points in front and no games in hand......

Good luck to all! Its been a brilliant season.

3. brb

brb Guest

Random Nutjob - The title is your's so hurry up and please take it <ok>

Oh! just one condition, that last game of the season, any chance of your lot taking their hols early? <laugh>

4. Random Nutjob

Random Nutjob New Member

Well, I wouldn't mind loosing to the Gills BUT it is the last game of the first season at the new ground. How about a compromise? :)

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Try using the BBC Predictor and posting the results. I'll enter you automatically into the League 2 Challenge.

6. brb

brb Guest

Ron - I've tried the BBC predictor, the problem is when you include all the teams in the league there is just to many possible variations.
    IMO for the Gills, we need to win our 5 remaining games to stand any chance of getting autos, then we need either Wycombe or Bury to slip up big style.
    The Gills probably need Wycombe to slip up out of the two, because our GD is on par, where as Bury's is far superior and they have a game in hand.
    However being realistic, dosen't matter how many variations I use on the predictor it will probably be play offs at best for the Gills.

It's certainly going to be a nail biting finale.