1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FIFA

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

So they've decided to ban poppy armbands for the England/ Scotland game? I hope both FA's go ahead and wear them anyway. We're not worried about a points deduction, we won't get any points anyway, and England should qualify even with a deduction, so why not go ahead and tell them where to stick their ban?

The Kish likes this.
  2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Always good to take lectures from the moral high ground from an organisation that employed Blatter & Platini.

Perhaps we need a footballing Brexit as well.

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Even if England fail to qualify .... the finals are being played in Russia FFS!!!!!.... who cares if we are not there?

IMHO, England should pull out anyway and watch as the German/French/American fans get the sh1t kicked out of them by the Russian Army organised thugs!

Wear the poppy and be proud.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  4. Oooopeakeyrocket

Fifa are wrong and it's a pretty ignorant stance but... since when did this huge embroidered poppy thing on the shirt become sacrosanct? Call me old fashioned but I prefer a dignified laying of a poppy reef in the centre circle and a minutes silence. I wear my poppy with the utmost pride but I do feel we teeter on the edge of poppy fascism - kind of counter what people died for. But I have obviously woken up with my Daily Mail head on. Must get rid of it...

5. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Don't they do this every year and we still wear it irrespective? Methinks it's a ploy to sell more copies of 'The Sun' and 'The Daily Mail'

6. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Also doesn't make the pages of The Independent (just had a check on my commute). Lazy journalism on the other papers to be fair...

Interesting article of the Mayor looking into an inquiry of the cost of the Olympic Stadium costs. Bit late though

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I think we should send @baraettmattesvensson to Russia in 2018 instead. His clothes might even be fashionable out there

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

C***!