1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fernando Torres

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by KING-KERRY-DIXON, Jan 28, 2011.

1. KING-KERRY-DIXON

All over the news we have bid between £35 and £40 million for Torres,probably a load of ****e to sell papers but it will still get up the scousers nose whether its true or not!!!<laugh><laugh><laugh>

2. S.Taylors theatrical handballs

i hope he does go, liverpool for the drop mwahaha

3. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

Can't see the new owners sanctioning it. If it had been earlier on in the window, they'd have had time to find a replacement but probably too late now. Can you imagine if they did sell though? They'd be left with N'gog and, erm, well, that's about it. NESV would get it even worse than H&G!

4. TheEssExpress

TheEssExpress Member

There is a £50 million buy out clause written into his contract so if Roman is prepared to go that high we can definitely have him. It would be funny to watch the scousers lose their prize assets and then have no time to get a replacement. It's quite obvious that they are skint. Suarez is a very good player with a frightening scoring rate and has massive potential. Liverpool only want to pay £12 million, which I think is way too low and so do Ajax. They might get him for £20 million but they obviously don't have the cash.

I would much rather see £35 million spent elsewhere. We could get Lukaku for £18 million and could get an attacking midfielder at the same time.

5. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

Panic bidding!

6. maddog

maddog Member

panic journalism

7. Dave Woods-Spanishblue

Would love to see Torres at SB but cant see it happening.(would be a little concerned over his injury history)..........Lukaku or Aguero would be nice but will probably have to wait till the summer for either of those 2.

8. maddog

maddog Member

ssn prob more hype- 'Sky Sports understands that Fernando Torres has asked Liverpool to consider selling him to Chelsea after a bid was rejected in the early hours of Friday morning.'

9. CFC 40+

CFC 40+ New Member

PR move by Roman to appease the supporters, though not every one wants him. Would be good buy but questionable injury/fitness record and vulnerable to same again. As others have said better buys for less cash. If Roman was serious he should have made moves earlier in the window

10. Sheriff JW Pepper

He's left it a bit late but I guess Roman fancies his chances at 'chicken' - see who flinches first:emoticon-0112-wonde

I reckon we might just get him...Pool will fold when the wonga gets high enough

11. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

Panic Journalism ????

hahahahaha if ya sa so

12. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

hahaha and you sir look quite the fool...........p.s. there is no 50mil buyout clause

13. mark the mad

mark the mad New Member

Funny never heard that metioned before yesterday and that is BULLSHIT.

14. RushFowlerTorres

RushFowlerTorres New Member

15. West.

West. New Member

What i don't understand is how he's going to fit into the current system. The only real way is to either drop Didier, or push Torres out to the wing where he'd be far less effective, and thus a bit of a waste, especially if the transfer reaches the realms of £50m++. I know Didier's not been the best in recent times, and isn't the youngest but last week he looked back to his best and it'd be probably the worst time to drop him at the minute. For me, Aguero would be a far more sensible, effective signing for Chelsea at the minute.

16. SuperbFrank

SuperbFrank Member

I agree with West in that Aguerro would be a better signing. Not sure where Torres fits into our 4-3-3 exactly?

Aguerro is also younger and more versatile and we could play Aguerro on the right of a 4-3-3. Can Torres play there ? Not sure.So deos that mean we drop Drogba or go back to a 4-4-2 ?