1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Feck off Mick

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

And take your dinosaur tactics and stubborn dull football with ya!!

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Yep I totally agree with you Spanish!

It's taken me a long time to admit that I was wrong but it's better that a sinner repents! <ok>

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  3. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Warky we have had our differences but always wanted best for itfc, just had different ideas when it came to MM!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'm another that can't wait for Mick to be gone.
    We have a pretty good squad this year but it's being totally wasted with horrible tactics.

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

And take Sears with ya......

6. johnnywarksmoustache

I'd start with that Cnut Marcus Evans.

Its about time that we got our once great football club back. We now support an offshore tax scam FFS!

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

We'll all,hopefuly, still be here when the Yorkshire pudding's gone!

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  8. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

While we may not have the best players in the championship they certainly aren't the worst
    But without a shadow of doubt we employ the worst tactics and play the worst football in the division and that is down to MM and MM alone

Even the worst of teams like Blacburn try to play attacking football that is fed through the midfield. If we had ANY other manager I have no doubt we would play better football with the same players, I'm not saying we would be instantly successful but just better and we would see progress
    While I'm hesitant to criticise Evans too much, I feel he is doing the club and his investment a major disservice. He has to let Mick go NOW and whoever takes over I feel wouldn't necessarily make wholesale changes to the team, I still feel that there is a decent football team struggling to break free at Portman road and all it needs is a man who understands modern football and is not still living in the sixties (which means probably any other manager)
    I feel sure that with another manager employing modern training methods and playing style Evans would be a little more disposed towards adding additional players (if needed)

Mick now blaming it on a small squad doesn't wash with me, the squad we have contains enough half decent players that we SHOULD be challenging for automatic promotion every season

Everything that is wrong at Portman Road can be summed up in two words MICK MaCARTHY

Surely Evans is not that blinkered that he can't see this, can he?

9. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

1 shot on target in a game against not 1 of the better teams in the division says it all. Who's fault is it that the squad isn't big enough? We got 3m for murph which we were told would be reinvested. We got an injured midfielder on loan but no rb and no striker. We also let the polish defender leave and with smith & Webster out, he might have been needed (at least as a sub). Can't believe I'm saying this as I was a fan but it is time for MM to leave and bring in someone who will at least try & play attacking football. If he stays, I can see the attendance figure dropping towards 10,000

10. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

It can only be a matter of time now surely.

11. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Unless we go on a long losing streak, Mick is not going anywhere - period!
    As long as we stay in the top half, and we plod along, ME won't be near the trigger.
    The supporters need to to stand together and boycott games...not just a one off, but a number of games, to highlight to the board that we won't stand for this crap anymore.
    I dont know of any manager that has survived a protest/boycott from fans....eventually people power wins.

12. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Feel a bit sorry for Mick, but realistically he is over the hill in management terms and we need a fresh approach. P.s WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that Evans is a major problem too

San Diego likes this.
  13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Some good posts here, especially yorkie's <ok>
    Mick is holding us back with his approach to football but as stretchy says, as long as we are competitive he's not going anywhere. Even if we are dull as dish water it will take a decent protest or a terrible run of results for there to be any change in the managers seat sadly.
    We have an owner and a manager who seem happy enough treading water.
    I can't stand having Marcus Evans as our owner and have felt that way for quite some time.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  14. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Have to say this is probably as big a week McCarthy will have faced for some time in his reign incharge.

A couple of wins, and we'll be sitting pretty. A couple of defeats with a transfer window closed, and the season would be falling apart rather rapidly.

As I've said before, I'll judge us after 11 games.

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I quite like Mick as a man I think he is quite amusing at times and he is clearly respected at the club by the players and staff........however I am somewhat bored of the 'no frills' football and I stand by what I said at the end of last season...... It's time for someone new.........

.....but I think that Mick more than meets the desires and expectations of Dodgy Evans so he will be here for a while as yet I believe.

I think we have enough decent players to be able to play more exciting football but alas I don't see it happening just yet.

San Diego likes this.
  16. johnnywarksmoustache

Why after 11? Surely he's had enough chances to change the style of play up till now?

17. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I wasn't excited by Mick's appointment but have got behind him and, am still behind him (somewhat begrudgingly..) remembering the frustrations under Jewell and it's positively euphoric being able to play dire, dreadful football but still finish in the top 10.

You know exactly what you're going to get with Mick, he pulls no punches and that in itself is refreshing and the stability he has brought to the playing squad is huge given the turnover we had in the 5 years previous. Though I cannot argue with a lot of the feeling of "Mick has taken us as far as he can go" as there have too many matches where we have simply been dreadful.

Though, what I will say is there aren't many managers who can continuously get what he does out of this group of players, yes we want more attacking football, but we had that under Jewell and were rock bottom of the league. I also hate the idea of changing managers during the season. The time to switch was in June... Or next June now.. Plus, all those wanting money to be spent need to remember that the compensation for Mick alone would swallow all of the Murphy money.. and then some, meaning we operating on an even tighter budget.

fieldmarshall likes this.