1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fc zorba vs Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sweats, Dec 8, 2016.

1. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

A top matchday thread

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That wasn't a good performance, Treble? Come on, brah! Given them a break, will ya?! We practically had all the ball, 19 shots with 7 on target. I think this that was a great away win and good performance given what was at stake.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

please log in to view this image

4. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Probably our best win of the season.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Who knows? Maybe your team can win the EL with no Sevilla around this time, however the favourites have to be Shaktar and Schalke, as those dropping out of the CL do not look that threatening. Good to see all 3 La Liga teams safely through.

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

Mickey is a fantastic player. Owen Hargreaves (****er) ****ing loves him.

Mourinho has to stop messing around with the team and get his best players on the pitch as often as possible.

7. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Sorry disagree, I think the spuds look a more balanced team than Utd, so would suggest that Utd are not even the best English team in the Europey.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

At the moment. But not enough depth.

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Nothing wrong with our squad other than central defence is one player light. A lot wrong with team selection at times.

10. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

That's why I said "more balanced". On paper you appear to have the talent?

11. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

If Poch prioritises the Europey over the FA cup, I think he has enough depth for this and the league. Personally, I'm a great believer in playing your best 11 at all times. Today's pro's should be able to manage two games a week.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

But hasn't that been Spur's problem all along? They've struggled in the CL and been lacklustre in the league. Last season, Poch pretty much ditched the EL because he sniffed a title challenge.

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yup.

Mad manager (again) though.

Schneiderlin and Bastian kicking their heels while that useless twat Fellaini lopes around the pitch fouling and elbowing opponents.

The superb Mickey only just appearing in early December.

Madness.

14. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

The Spuds have only lost 1 games this year, so not doing too bad (could argue too many draws) and from what I've seen, they seem to be stronger mentally this year. I also think Poch saying he needs to do better in Europe, so I'm taking that as it will be a higher priority than the FA cup.
    Not being a Spuds fan, we could ask HIAG for his opinion <laugh>

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

United did what needed to be done. Zorya was a poor unadventurous side though and the win was expected. The major pluses are Mikhi getting more confident and no injuries.

At the risk of jinxing it, I agree with Scholesy who says that United fear no one in this competition even with bench players. United is currently a team with many draws in them. That's not bad in a cup competition. Draw away and get the home win. All our home matches in Cups have been good. The reverse of LVG when I remember that appalling match against PSV at OT.

Even resting players, Jose seems to be able to field a strong side. Whilst in the new year, many top sides will be looking to get league points, he will have seasoned players to use. If United get to the final of any of these cups I think they will not **** up like the RS (makes you wonder why they even bother <laugh> )

16. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

You did play part of your starters like Zlatan,Rooney,Pogba,Herrera etc right?And those who played will be having less rest time since you do not get monday games and often travel far?

And nowadays all of the top 6 have very very strong squads,in the festive period they would all definitely be able to switch 3 to 5 players,its the mental framework of the squad to perform 3ice in 9 days that matters to get the points now,its not a question of resting players as much especially if you are still playing your best 5 players.

You actually should win this competition,apart from Roma in terms of prestige and Tottenham in terms quality there is no one anywhere near you even,not the above mentioned teams either but they can give you a game and a free european spot + trophy is dingling in front of you,

All the best.

COYG!

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't like things dingling. I rarely like them dangling either tbh.