1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Family

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by hordenmackem, Jan 29, 2011.

1. hordenmackem

hordenmackem Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me and I'm sure there are some.

My sister, niece and cousin all support the Mags (just cos their related doesn't make them intelligent).

Anyway I come from a village (Horden) that is pretty much split half Mackem half Mags, can make for a very interesting Saturday night to say the least.

I know your supposed to love your family, but really.... my sister only supports the Mags cos her husband does. ;)

2. Mackem_Safc

Mackem_Safc Guest

Alright marra ,

I'm from Blackhall just right near Hordon, got to say there is alot more Sunderland in Blackhall than Mag's but not by much. Also i had the displeasure of spending my new year in horden, dont know when you were there last but it wasnt interesting!!

3. Shacksnutmeg

Shacksnutmeg Member

My oldest son is half Mag (but not really interested in football) however when it comes to the Derby he gives me some stick (the cheeky ........). I've tried alsorts to get him interested in football but to no avail. My father in law is a staunch Mag, season ticket etc. but he's one of 'the good uns'. Can have banter with him without him getting upset.

I was born in Sunderland, moved to Newcastle when I was 21, back to Sunderland when I got divorced, back to Newcastle when I re-married a great girl, now live in Redcar due to work.

4. hordenmackem

Hey Mackem_SAFC, I went to school in Blackhall (Yohden Hall) and Horden isn't that interesting but I still cal it home.

Shack, I know the feeling. I can have some good banter with me brother-in-law and me cousin but there are too many of the in your face variety around Horden for me like.

5. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

You're struck a raw nerve there Horden! My home town is Peterlee BTW, so we're neighbours:)

I've got 4 sons all in their 20's. 3 are Mags and the other is Man Utd! I must have failed miserably as a Father :(

I've also got 2 brothers and 5 sisters. 1 brother Man U, other brother SAFC (thank God!) 2 sisters hate football :( 1 is a Mag and the other 2 are SAFC :)

Incidently, my Father was a QPR fan!

......and you think you've got problems! :)

6. hordenmackem

Dorset, I feel your pain mate both for your situation and the fact your from Peterlee, only joking........

7. Mackem_Safc

Mackem_Safc Guest

I was only jesting with the non interesting post, You're showing your age with the Yohden post though, me father went there as well.

We usually venture over to a place in Horden and watch some of the away matches that we cant get to, (the place will remain anonymous though) i know it's frowned upon by some on here but if i'm not going to the away game then it's the next best thing. Im a season card holder though so dont do it for the away games. Quite a few of me mag mates go on some lads bus from Horden

8. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

horden you better believe it apart from my daughter grandaughter and 2 brothers the other massive family or over 50 all support the black and whites my brother inlaw was on the books at the mags its hard for me to win any argument BUT I DO <redwine>

9. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh:That's fighting talk there HordenER! I'll see you later at "Dead Mans Valley" bring the boys too! :laugh::laugh:

10. houghton_fox

houghton_fox New Member

You get a few black & white shirts here in Houghton!

11. hordenmackem

Dorset, I'll be right over ha ha. Actually most of my battles when I was younger were against the lads from Easington.

Mackem, I left Yohden in 82. Apparently its an old folks home now or so I have been told.

Vince, I do actually think it's great for the banter to have a mix in the family. It makes for some interesting Sundays that's for sure

12. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Mackem SAFC ~ That would be Bobby Huntington's bus???

13. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

Mackem_Safc

I'm originally from Bllackhall.

I would say that neither Blackhall h Horden or EasingtonColliery are interesting. Left Easington Village out deliberately.

I have to be honest these are the three worst villages in the County On the occasions i have driven through them I see no change at all from when i was growng up rhere where as many of the others have v made visible improvements.

14. davrosFTM

davrosFTM Member

Do people still hang chicken feathers and shrunken heads ower the front door in Horden <laugh>

15. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Probably because all of the money went on regenerating Hartlepool! It's had an absolute fortune spent on it, whilst the surrounding area has been left to rot!

16. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

You're on about Murton there mate! :)

17. davrosFTM

davrosFTM Member

They reckon they were gonna film "Deliverance" at Horden........or was it "Texas chainsaw massacre!" <laugh>

18. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

I've seen many a massacre at the Bell Inn mate. There's some right "head the balls" that drink in there! :)