1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fair play Roy

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Apr 2, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Apologies to all Liverpool fans, but well done Roy Hodgson. I understand that he did not have a great time of it at Anfield, but he is a great manager who has a record of winning. Yes, it may not be the most attacking football but it is effective and if done well reaps rewards. I know he would remain humble in victory but inside he must be delighted, so well done Roy, you will be always be a legend in Fulham.

COYW
    :emoticon-0137-clapp

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

I shan't apologise to the Liverpool fans who thought their club was too high & mighty for Roy Hodgson. Although WBA are our rivals at the moment I was so pleased at today's victory. Baggies & super whites to stay up!

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Rocky - that's the first time I've typed that on this forum, rather than the old 606. Somehow I doubt it will be the last.

It was great to see Roy prove a point (or three) to the Liverpool fans. Nice as well to read that he resisted all chance to gloat afterwards. His comment was that winning against Liverpool didn't give him any extra pleasure, as he made some good friends in his time at the club. What did give him pleasure what three valuable points for West Brom against a team that West Brom don't often win against. As ever, he's a class act.

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Quite agree. Hodgson is a gent and comes across as one. Always liked his interviews after our games, which were thoughtful and fair. Also glad to see him beat Liverpool. Some supporters don't know a good thing when it lands on their doorstep. Admittedly, his style of play isn't the traditional Liverpool style, but that hasn't reaped huge rewards for them in the last 20 years or so either.

5. WhatDoesWoyWant?

He had hell of a smirk across his face during the interview. Bet he was bursting to stick the V's up