1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fair Play Lansdown & Johnson

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Shinycitylad7, Apr 29, 2017.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Not really sure why you're a fan if I'm honest! Hate the board, hate the manager, blimey!! Would be nice to have a bit of positivity.. it's not gone all tits up like u said it would.. Manager, assist Manager and players have dug in deep and turned it around.. we could have replaced LJ and gone down with what was available....And you would still have blamed him...Also had we replaced him and stayed up, all the haters would have said "just goes to show how terrible he was".
    I'm glad it's worked out the way it has and hope he's learned his mistakes and kicks on next season with our latest form..

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I do not hate anybody ... As in no living soul.

I did not say it would go tits up. Check my posts.

I did not say City would be relegated. Check my posts.

I stated on numerous occasions that the squad was of sufficient quality to be doing far better, the best for years and should be doing much better. Yes that is in my posts.

No coach should have put this squad into the quandary it was in.

And if you check my posts I also stated that I felt City should play 4-4-2, with less changes and higher lines. That occurring and leading to an improvement does not make me super knowledgeable about football because it was a change crying out to be implemented for months, posters on this site frequently bemoaned Mr Johnsons constant tinkering.

I simply feel that Mr Johnson is not the man for the job. The upturn in form simply highlights how talented the squad is, and how poorly it was coached/manager by Mr Johnson.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  3. oneforthebristolcity

Sorry but if the squad was that talented as you say they would play well whatever formation..
    Seems to me that the setup including JP was not what LJ wanted and since his departure we have done well...
    For me, LJ now has his own setup and so I believe it's his last chance getting right and proving he could be a decent manager.. first dozen games in the new season will prove one way or another.. be nice if City fans could get behind him and see where it takes us..

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I got behind him and it took us to a relegation battle?

Are you saying it was due to the departure of JP that we changed to a 4-4-2 system and stopped tinkering with the side every 20 minutes?

Was it JP that bought several players here in Jan that ended up out of the team within weeks?

There was obviously an issue between LJ and JP but blaming him for the worst run in our history just doesn't add up!

wizered likes this.
  5. oneforthebristolcity

No mate, not just putting it down to JP..
    LJ must take a massive portion of the blame for our poor season and I'm sure he would admit that.. but he inherited the setup that JP was part of. Maybe their ideas clashed, results dipped and so someone had to go, LJ being the manager, I understand the outcome.. the result has been better performances.. like you and others have said could be to do with changing to 442 but could also be to do with players putting in more of a shift and leaving players out like Tomlin!!

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It is so typical of City to go to Brighton and get a result, but well done lads.

However, it doesn't change my opinion of the Manager or the owner.

If we are more consistent next season and don't suffer another record breaking run of defeats I might change my mind.