1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup Shyte Abused

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jan 8, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Again I agree Eire, but the business end is promotion, that's what everyone is talking about and wants. We can throw all the roses at him we want during season, but if there's no promotion at end it becomes a different story. Personally, if he's still trying to get us promoted in 3 years time then he's obviously not up to scratch to get us past the final hurdle.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't believe Monk will ever manage England, I believe he will eventually leave us for a top PL club and I think he will fail with them.

I do believe at this moment in time he is right for us, right coach with the right players approaching the right moment in time just like Howard Wilkinson.

He has weaknesses he has strengths, I wasn't sold on him at the start, now I'm glad he is with us and will just keep enjoying the wins and gradual improvement we are seeing.

I think all coaches have favourites but not in a detrimental way. I think they have favourites as in who impacts the dressing room and those around them.

Yesterday really was a prime example of how a small group of 15 or so click together, disrupt it too much and those that have shone suddenly look average.

At the start of the season, half time team talks meant little, now they seem more effective and Monk is also willing to make changes quicker. He is getting better as are we as a team.

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Wont mean that at all. Only three teams promoted each year doesnt mean the managers of the other 21 are all no good

4. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

But other teams are changing managers too. Thing is, we're Leeds United, the fans are frustrated and want promotion now, not in 2 or 3 years time.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would not call for a manager to be sacked if we made three back to back top 6 finishes, beats three back to back bottom 12

Rumours are Cellino nearly sacked Monk at the start, just shows what can happen if you pop your hand in your pocket and create stability. Cellino was as big if not bigger part of our previous campaign failures.

The Darko and Hockaday appointments, undermining coaches, signing his own players, creating dressing room divide with those signings.

Just shows what can happen when you do stand back. I remember at the start of the season Monk turning down two right backs Cellino tried to force on him saying we need better. At least Cellino did listen and show some patience, however we find out now that probably had more to do with Rad in the background than it did a leopard changing its spots.

BillysStatue likes this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Ok so. Let Monk build a squad and develop players for the season. If we dont get promoted, sack him and start again. Great idea <whistle>

7. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

Still waiting LL........

BillysStatue likes this.
  8. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Promotion will be a bonus. I think most of us are happy with what has been achieved so far.

BillysStatue likes this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Early days but the appointment of Garry Monk is the best thing to happen to Leeds United since Wilko became manager.

I even like the way we're playing, at least we're showing some fight, the defence has tightened up, and the side has some pace about it. We've even got some nasty players and some leaders at long last

Long may the upward trend continue, but if it tails off hopefully Monk will be here for next season to continue the good work

Most positive I've felt for years, no more leaky defence (Grayson) no more hoofball (Warnock) and no more drab football (McDermott)

10. Eireleeds1

And no more waffle at the pressers <ok>

BillysStatue likes this.

11. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

We tried to help you out ten years ago by trying to take the top of a couple of Leeds buses and all we got in return was a ban and until 'bubble' games.

12. lifecheshirewhite

Ban Ringo ? don't remember that,or do you mean the football league no longer letting you play Leeds <whistle>

13. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

First game of the season Chesh, live on sky you won 2-1, after that the pick up nonsence from the service station.

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

keep doing well get your gates up then you lot grow a back bone and some balls and be brave enough to take us on <ok>

15. lifecheshirewhite

I know you're probably not familiar with how promotion works,but if we carry on with big crowds,Results and points we don't get promoted to league 1 or 2.<doh>

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

you aint getting promoted anywhere you donut <laugh>

Happy New Year mukka <cheers>

17. lifecheshirewhite

Happy new year to you too mate <cheers>.

Now you've got me confused m8,if you don't think we are getting promoted to league 1,how can we play you ? is this you sounding me out about ground sharing for next season ? after the Dens face lift upload_2017-1-10_19-15-50.png

Attached Files:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

if we move to a brand new stadium chesh in the sunshine garden of England county you can have our old one cheap <ok>

19. lifecheshirewhite

Ground sharing with Gillingham ?

Whitejock likes this.
  20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

if thats what you prefere go for it we could be neighbours <whistle><whistle>