1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everything LUST

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

"L.U.S.T. Fan Share Update: Matched Funds
    Whilst featuring on last nights West Yorkshire Sport Daily programme on BBC Radio Leeds alongside LUST member and leader of Leeds City Council Cllr Keith Wakefield and CEO Tom Riordan (Click HERE to listen) LUST Chairman, Gary Cooper, broke the news that a wealthy interested party has offered to match any monies raised by LUST members and the wider Leeds United fan base in its attempts to purchase a stake in the future of Leeds United.
    This agreement in principal includes the proviso that the identity of the interested party remains confidential, for the time being, but is a genuine offer made with the very best intentions for Leeds United and Leeds United supporters to secure an interest in the future of the Club and not for personal gain or influence of any kind. The Trust board are incredibly grateful and on behalf of our members we would like to thank the interested party for their offer.
    With pledges received already into six figures giving the fund a great start our members and any Leeds United supporter who wishes to be involved will be pleased to know that every pound they invest in the scheme will actually be worth two pounds. We are working towards achieving FCA compliance and will me asking members for their thoughts in due course.
    Together with the fantastic support of Leeds City Council we are confident that we will be in a position to ask our members what they feel would be the best way to invest in the future of our club, many options exist such as buying shares or perhaps buying back Elland Road, before being able to discuss in earnest our proposals with the clubs owners."
    Anyone intending to throw a few quid in the pot?

2. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

interesting but not sure it would take a millionaire to donate what I would be able to put in haha

3. Eireleeds1

Same here but I'm warming to the idea. Would quite like the idea of owning a piece of the club, no matter how tiny

4. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

How much would a tiny part of a tiny club cost you Eire lad?

5. Eireleeds1

Fiver if it's the wallies, but not interested TC. I'll be investing in a Club that will shortly be competing in the PL again, Leeds

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Which one, QPR, Wigan or Reading?

7. Eireleeds1

Already said Leeds. Are you're glasses due for changing maybe TC

8. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Are people really so stupid to cough up money so fat fooker can sit in the posh seats eating cake.

9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Very poisoned view, as ever. Bet you didn't have anything to do with Santa as a kid because he was fat.

10. Chippy / Glory

A fat bloke asking little kids to sit on his knee and you think this is a good idea? I imagine you would help CG empty his sack though.

11. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Hearing Lucas radebe is involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. Chippy / Glory

Nah. Santas white.

13. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

14. Eireleeds1

15. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of LUST.

They promised to reveal documentation relating to a spat they had with David Heigh during the TO due diligence by GFH.

I was still waiting, now given up on them.

Sorry

16. 666 & Elmo

666 & Elmo New Member

Jonny, why would they wish to sour a good relationship by doing that? Mistake made by opening their mouths in the first place would be ten times worse if they went through with it. Much better they keep tight lipped than pander to the likes of us, who would rightly lambast them if they did what you ask without good reason

17. JonnyLosAngeles

I don't understand your point. If they were on the right side of the spat and did not want to jeopardize their current relationship with the owners, then they could come out and declare that bygones are bygones, let's move on for the good of Leeds United to the LUST membership.

Are you suggesting they are better off ignoring their own support base? Were you advising Ken Bates behind the scenes (just kidding, of course)?

18. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Never really bought into LUST,
    When KB was in charge they had a point,as did all of us.
    Hope they have the clubs interests at heart,worrying tho I just read on another forum,a poster was in the bremner suite with the lust chairman,this guy left at half time.
    Makes you think.

19. JonnyLosAngeles

Whats up with the HTML not working?

20. Chippy / Glory

Soppy bollocks. You need people who understand hi finance not cultured footballers running football clubs. If Lucas has the ability then fine otherwise the last thing we need is a celebrity figurehead. We have had enough problems when someone who is supposed to be a businessman and was supposed to have a clue didn't run the show properly.

We either want a slow turn around as I feel we are getting now, or to be taken over by someone ( not an anonymous collection of mystery men) who has the cash and desire to invest in the product and buy us into the prem.