1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's just not enough GF :(

We should be clawing our way back when the likes of City and Liverpool drop points. Instead, we actually have to consider ourselves lucky (not unlucky like Mourinho claims) that both of them lost so we're not further behind <doh> Not that it matters as we won't be catching them this season anyway, playing pass the parcel with our team selections.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool losing doesn't somehow make it better.
    It actually makes it worse.

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

You're right of course. This endless tinkering and playing talented players out of position is just bewildering - Pogba has only one position, Herreira and Mata should both be starting together and Rashford should not be used as an impact sub. How all that works out isn't rocket science but it is beginning to look like Jose is living off past glories and his tactics are outdated - a bit like a young LvG.

Skylarker likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The frustrating thing is Mourinho IS capable of getting it right. He's done it on a number of occasions. But he seems t0 feel the need to rotate the squad when there is absolutely NO need. Why not give the majority of the same starting XI a run of games playing in their natural position. Let them get used to each other. Then change one or two at a time if you feel the need. Had he done that, right now we'd have a settled squad. But thanks to the time that he's wasted tinkering, can you imagine the mess we're going to be in when we get to Xmas fixtures <laugh>

The quality of our football has also be leaps and bounds ahead of anything LVG put out. Once again showing Mourinho is more than capable of getting his tactics right IF he gets his team selection right.

Anyway I can't be bothered. I just hope he honestly doesn't believe the tripe he came out with after the match. Bcos if he does, we're in more trouble than I thought.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not sure what's the bigger disgrace - the fact Fellaini gave away the pen or the fact it's his 100th game for United <laugh> Our biggest mistake in appointing Moyes was that he bought this ****.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yet van Gaal and Jose both use him extensively, I just don't get it :huh:

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well why use a fans' favourite like Schweinsteiger (as we saw the other night) when we can use the fans' most hated like Fellaini. Which once again makes me wonder how someone can get it right and then get it so badly wrong the next game? One has to wonder whether Mourinho is just being stubborn to prove a point... and being proved catastrophically wrong every time.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Maybe he is doing a Chelsea on us and trying to prove why he needs to spend big again in the summer to have his own team.
    Maybe he is trying to be fair to all the players in a squad much bigger than he is used to working with (he did say he hopes the cup runs continue)
    Who knows, but he better get his head straight soon.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Meh. ****e first half, shocking gift of a goal from Stek <doh>

Rojo was lucky to stay on, ****ing leg breaker that, dirty ****

Second half was much better and I thought we were good value for a point.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Definitely worth the point in the end, could have nicked all 3.
    Rojo was a very lucky man to stay on, as was the man he jumped at.

Tobes likes this.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

Rojo's a bell end. Terrible signing by that twat LVG.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Can't argue at all with that. TBH we deserved what we got. And I only say that because of how badly Everton have been playing this season. You've been on a shocking run of form and there's no excuse for not going there and getting a win. It's like Stoke for us all over again.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Whilst we've been on a poor run of form, we're still unbeaten at home, so we were never likely to roll over to United

When he finally ditched the wretched 4-2-3-1 and went 4-4-2, we were more than a match for you. Mkichwhathisface was total gash, I was disappointed with Pogba tbh

I hope that's the last time we ever see that **** Cleverley in a Blue shirt as well, completely useless

14. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I feel like one of the questions when we interview potential managers should be "How would you utilise Fellaini's skills?"

If they give any other answer than "i wouldn't" they don't get the job.

Treble likes this.
  15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Congrats on moving into soul position of 6th place and atop the mid table teams ....well done ..

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Thanks <ok>

seabreeze likes this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I wouldn't expect you to roll over. I'm never completely confident against Everton as I always expect a sting in the tail when we play you. But considering how well we'd played against West Ham a few days ago, I expected more of the same from us today.

However, as usual this season, Mourinho decided to go kamikazee with his team selection. Pogba is NOT an attacking midfielder and all of our link up play between the central midfield to our front 4 went completely to pot thanks to Jose's mind boggling decision to play him there. It's no surprise Mkhytarian suffered as a result. Watch him again when Mata or Rooney are playing in the Number 10 role and you'll see a completely different player.

Diego likes this.
  18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Just seen the Fellaini penalty on MOTD2, blatant dive.
    The guy was already on his way down before Fellaini was anywhere near a challenge.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

^^^^^^ Thinks Mourinho reads Not606 <laugh>

Stan likes this.
  20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Don't go me wrong, Fellaini is ****, and it's shocking that he is still at United.....but that was a dive!

Treble likes this.