1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

EU Referendum - how will you vote?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Apr 1, 2016.

?

How will you vote in the EU Referendum

Poll closed Apr 8, 2016.
  1. Remain

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Leave

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

So the Tory party is really a broad church, as is the Labour Party<ok>. I'll tell you one thing, Jeremy Corbyn's followers, especially Momentum are absolute poison. Kinder gentler politics? Don't make me laugh. They'd destroy the Labour Party quicker than the Tories would.

The Kish likes this.
  2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

The main reason Labour MPs won't vote to block Article 50 is that it would guarantee an early Election.

The turkeys really would be voting for an early Xmas under Corbyn..

3. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

My MP (who was a remain Tory) represents his constituency which voted to remain, will he represent us, his constituents or the people who don't have a say on will he keep his job

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  4. ForestHillBilly

I understand that a fair number of Labour MP's would prefer an early election, so they can get rid of Corbyn ASAP.

5. User deleted as requested

Tell me your constituency & I will answer your question

6. User deleted as requested

There will only be 150 of them left and Labour will be out until 2030 minimum

7. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

Are you the puppet master then Royston. Is it not up to the individual MP to decide. Very much a rhetorical question rather than asking you to use your influence in the smoke filed corridors of Conservative Office. I will wait to hear what they have to say as & when this decision eventually comes up for a vote.

8. ForestHillBilly

150? I'd bite your hand off for that number. We've got one seat in the south-east, at Brighton, and Momentum are trying to get him deselected to put in their own "left-wing" candidate, who is an ex-journo at the Daily Mail and the Daily Express:emoticon-0137-clapp.

9. User deleted as requested

The short answer is that he is a democrat & will therefore respect the wishes of the majority to Leave.

10. User deleted as requested

Poor old Peter Kyle. He actually won Hove & Portslade in 2015 as a business friendly moderate from the Blues...and has now seen his local association flooded with over 5,000 new activist members. Brighton has the biggest association now outside of London. If I were Kyle I would be looking for another job.

11. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

12. User deleted as requested

One of the three fat corpulent High Court judges turns out to be a close friend of Tony Blair FFS :emoticon-0130-devil

This whole episode has seriously damaged the independence of the judiciary, but ironically it will be the political Left in this country that ends up paying a massive price if we have to call an early General Election.

13. ForestHillBilly

Wasn't it all about the sovereignty of Parliament:huh:

14. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

They won't block it. I hope at the very least because that'll be well undemocratic. Majority voted for Brexit, technically that's going against the will of a nation. I'd go far and say that the government would then become "rouge" and should be ousted at all costs.

From what I was reading it just brings the negotiations and plans into the public domain for parliamentary scrutiny.

15. ForestHillBilly

Exactly the type of electable MP targetted by Momentum.

16. ForestHillBilly

All the judges have done is apply the letter of the law. Instead of the outbreak of mass hysteria by Messrs. Murdoch, Dacre, Duncan-Smith etc, how about looking at why the govt. made the referendum a recommendation, and not binding? 2 years ago the jury I was on convicted a man of manslaughter under the law of joint enterprise. It was grossly unfair, since he wasn't there when the deed took place, and we spent a day-and-a-half looking for a way not to apply the letter of the law, but eventually agreed it was a court of law, so we applied the law. That's what the judges have done. It's not a left wing conspiracy!

17. User deleted as requested

I don't concur. The High Court should have sensed that the application was a legal rouse designed for political purposes, and should have rejected it. Now we are left with the clear impression that 3 judges and 100 unelected Lib Dem peers including Pompous Paddy Pantsdown are going to subvert the democratic will of 17.4m British people.

It is a complete MYTH that "all the judges have done is to compel Parliament to consider it" - the vile Lib Dems are already saying they plan to lodge dozens of Lords amendments to bog it down for 12 months or more.

A Party with 8 MPs- subverting the will of 17.4m British voters.

18. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Simple solution is for the Tories to appoint 100 extra lifetime peers to force any legislation through the Lords while reminding the Lords of the Salisbury convention .... if the Lords decide to go against Salisbury then it is time that their wings are clipped.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  19. ForestHillBilly

Even if they did, how can a judge refuse to apply the law as it stands? It's a court of law, that's what a judge has to do, is it not? If anyone is to blame it's David Cameron for refusing to make the referendum binding. I was looking forward to the referendum so that I wouldn't have to listen to Brexit blah blah blah any more, some hopes. Blame the previous PM, whom Mrs May is now distancing herself from.:emoticon-0181-fubar

20. User deleted as requested

It is a court of law that rejects dozens of vexatious and spurious applications each day - which it should also have done in this instance.

The Guardian really is a classic of its kind today, I normally wipe my backside on it but I have saved today's edition for posterity. All of those well paid Hampstead liberal journos marching Corbyn towards the sounds of gunfire...the only thing noticeable being the worried silence of his Parliamentary Party...