1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

El Clasico is to too Classy ATM.

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Ardentgooner, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Ardentgooner

Ardentgooner Member

So am watching arguably the two best teams on the planet with the best players in the world, managed by the best managers in world football in the latest spanish derby.

The battle is definitely on between these two rivals, and am just wondering if any rival match in the premier league matches the El clasico or even better than it.

I persoanlly think the Tyne -wear and Liverpool v Manchester Utd derby is worth mentioning ,but would like others opinion.

Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur
    (North London Derby)

Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
    (West Midland derby)

Everton vs Liverpool
    (Mersey side derby)

Liverpool vs Manchester United
    (The reds Rivalry)

Manchester City vs Manchester United
    (Manchester derby)

Arsenal V Chelsea
    (London DErby)

Newcastle V sunderland
    (Tyne -Wear derby)

Wolverhampton vs West Brom
    (Black country derby)

Fulham V Chelsea
    (West London Derby)

Blackburn V Burnley
    (East Lancarshire derby)

Wigan V Bolton rivalry.

Discuss which derby in EPL comes close or even surpasses the el classico.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

At the risk of bias, at the moment only the North London Derby can compete with El Classico, as it's the only rivalry that has the combination of fan loyalty and football artistry that match Real and Barca.

I'm just glad we don't have a footballing rivalry that can match the Buenos Aires Superclasico. That one makes the Old Firm look like a picnic...

3. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Give me an Old Firm, Liverpool v United, Chelsea v Spurs, Arsenal v Spurs, Liverpool v Everton over any El Clasico.

4. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

There is no English game that comes close to the rivalry, barca and real are the 2 top teams in Spain and have been for decades, there the two teams that usually contest the title (not always, but most of the time). That does not happen in England, even man u have been the dominant force for so long, their challengers have changed over the years, but that has not happened in spain. There is more spice to it when it's always for the title.

There is also more to in than football, I did a Spanish course in college and the tutor, who was a hot Spanish burd for barca gave us a bit of insight in the way they think. People from Catalonia consider themselves to be a separate country, and hate Madrid as that's where the monarchy and government are based, so there's more to it than just football.

It's the same as rangers and Celtic, half of the rivalry has nothing to do with football, im from the north of Scotland, so hate both rangers and Celtic, but some of the stuff that goes on down there in the Glasgow area is ridiculous. My brother went to college down there in glasgow, and is a mad celtic fan, he has a celtic ring that he wears, I think he got it for xmas one year. He had only been in the city a couple of days and some neds spotted the ring and started hurling abuse at him calling him a caltholic prick. Now we are from the highland defiantly not catholic, but just shows the type of things that go on. needless to say the ring never got worn again in glasgow lol