1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab Allam on Marco Silva's Departure & Summer Preparations

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 26, 2017.

1. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

i honestly have no idea what you are on about. I've never said anything about meeting candidates, advisors or the process of who Allams appointed.

Are you feeling ok?

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

They didn't meet Silva when he applied as they weren't interested. Then after much dithering and finding out no one wanted to work for them decided Phelan was the man all along. Then, rather more quickly, decide he wasn't, sacked him and were persuaded by his agent to talk to the man they could have had last summer. Some people may think that constitutes good management and praise them for it. A lot more of us don't.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Was there just the one CV in the summer from a relatively unknown foreign manager? You're not a betting man, but take a guess.
    How do you know there was dithering? Link?
    They took a chance on phelan like Gibson did with agnew, was that good ownership?

Do you think there was only Silva being looked at in December/ January?

I've not seen anyone praising them.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Worst

Argument

Ever

5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

They're already wound up. They have been for the last few years.

I think we have too many FIFA players on here who think throwing 20mill on a player is peanuts.

The solutions are simple, and would make the majority happy.

The knowitall gobshites we see on here, twitter etc still wont be happy. The Trust for a start wouldn't be happy at just concessions and a change in social media policy. Christ, one of their committee members gets the hump over an interview he said he couldn't be bothered to watch ffs.

Yet despite it being really easy to make millions, you don't have to be clever etc...none of these business geniuses seem willing to step up.

6. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

More sarcasm than an argument.

Happy Tiger likes this.
  7. StCloudTiger

StCloudTiger Well-Known Member

Yes, I do give them credit for making the appointment on the advice of their advisors. As you say these were sensible decisions, so why do they not get any credit? I would be quite happy if the next appointment is good as Bruce and Silva. They make these tough decisions.

Mr. Shoes likes this.
  8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

And lost on the usual types.

The ones that seem cleverer than anyone else in business, the ones that could run a club and manage it to great success, the ones that as pointed out above will never ever be happy regardless of what happens.

9. Stevielidds1983

Stevielidds1983 Well-Known Member

I agree mate, he didn't mention certain things that need addressing but was just making the point that there wasn't really anything wrong with his interview or what he said.

10. Barchullona

They looked at his application in the summer and decided that he wasn't the man. Maybe he should have written in crayon and included some crayons to get his attention. Do you consider the period between Bruce going and appointing Phelan quick or decisive, the antonyms to dithering?

Do you KNOW there were more than one CV from a relatively unknown foreign manager? If not there isn't really a bet. Of course you could pay me out when I say no. I don't mind.

Do you KNOW we looked at more in December/January? What had altered between the summer and January on Silva's CV to make him someone to consider instead of reject? Perhaps having someone explain things to Ehab instead of him having to tax his brain cells by reading and comprehending swung it.

11. Stevielidds1983

Stevielidds1983 Well-Known Member

Again I want the Allams out but at the same time I'm not blind to the fact we could end up with worse then them! Not likely but we could. Also some people are so blinded by hate that if Ehab said we had signed Messi and Ronaldo some would still pick holes. He deserves a lot of what he gets but if him trying to maintain better communication with the supporters and this is better communication then at least it's 1 step in the right direction! If he didn't do an interview people would criticise him for that so he can't win.

12. Barchullona

Their advisors? Silva was appointed because his agent approached City. Previously Ehab and his advisors, if he designs to take advice from anyone, weren't interested in talking to him when he applied in the summer. Of course some people won't be able to bring themselves to criticise the Allams.

13. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I 100% would, cos I don't give two ****s about what we do on the pitch. Calling the club Hull City, reintroducing concessions and restoring the community sports teams are far more important to me than signing Ronaldo or Messi.

14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Not true this is it Happy. You know I'll be deliriously happy if they **** off.

15. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

Really? You think that was honest? Doesn't virtually every relegated owner (or owner's son) suggest that they intend to push for promotion? But then again would you expect him to say 'we are intending to push for another relegation'?
    I didn't see much honesty there and rarely ever have. If he said 'Good Morning' I would check my watch.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

He is pants mate

Kempton likes this.
  17. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

So to sum up then:-
    - any negative opinions on what happened at the club last summer are invalidated by the fact that posters have no experience of running football clubs
    - the Allams know what they're doing and anyone who questions that is blinded by their own petty hatred and bitterness

Illuminating.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    PLT and Happy Tiger like this.
  18. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Well said

The Allams have done a lot of things right, then soured it massively with serious errors.

But to always right off what they say is stupid. They are business men, they want to sell the club for maximum value, therefore they have a vested interested in appointing a good manager and giving him backing.

Mr. Shoes and Kempton like this.
  19. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

Whoooooooooooooooooosh22

20. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Yep said this a couple of years ago. We have them by the short and curlies :biggrin: