1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Davylad

Davylad New Member

According to The Times this morning, the following European citizens would no longer have automatic right to play for us. If we left the EU and wanted them to play for us we would have to appeal. This would affect

Zouma
    Remy
    Amelia

Could lead to problems..

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Unless every French (and every other EU country) citizen is suddenly going to need a visa to work here, sounds like nonsense. Unlikely we'll vote out anyway.

3. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

You describe a lot of teams as "us"

Libby likes this.
  4. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

The vote will be closer than you think but unfortunatly we will probably stay in. Personally i think it will be a disaster especially with 750000 turks waiting to immigrate to europe. Visas for players won't be a problem as I see it.

george the blue likes this.
  5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Turns out it was a spam post, Oz.

I was in favour of leaving but have moved closer to the fence in recent weeks. Why do you think we should go?

6. King Ossie64

I originally thought that leaving would cause financial uncertainty leaving us vaunerable to market forces. However its a bigger picture for the future we have to think about.

Being a relitively small country we have to take into account the impact of any new influxes of immigrants on our failing infrastructures ie health services, schools etc. I think of Britain as an egg box, if anybody can fit 12 eggs in a 6 pack without damaging those already in place perhaps I'd change my views.

Blueman likes this.
  7. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Housing market is overcrowded.

Education system is failing as we have too many pupils and not enough teachers.

The NHS is overstretched as we have too many patients (a sizeable minority being eu citizens who are low paid, on the wrong side of healthcare inequalites, and as such pay very little national insurance).

We are at risk of terrorist attack from our neighbor's "citizens"

We have lost control of our fishing and manufacturing industry (and more)

Having a few millionaires jump through hoops to kick a ball around seems like a good price to pay to save the UK.

Vote leave!

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It really is becoming overcrowded, we can literally see people falling off the end of Lands End <doh>

So if we do leave the EU, what happens when the birthrate among the indigenous population (the Brits for those of you too thick to know what that means) continues to stretch those very same public services. Shall we force some to leave? Seems some havent really thought this through <doh>

Also how do we solve the problem of Chavs like you lot putting a strain on our public services and general infrastructure?

9. The Ginger Marks

That's a little disingenuous as that's not what he was saying. Most indigenous people have on average 2.2 children but other races tend to have bigger families due to religion or tradition. Coming out of Europe will not stop this but it could save population increases in the future if the EU allows Turkey membership.

I'd suggest you look at cities and towns like Bradford, Leicester, Southport and many others. No ones suggesting sending people home as that's frankly unacceptable but we do need to safeguard our borders better and this could only be realistically achieved by coming out of this bearuocratic superstate.

george the blue likes this.
  10. george the blue

1. Leave the hyperbole out because my argument has non of it neither does it contain ad hominem attacks upon you or your character.

We can see the strain that overcrowding brings on the housing system through the soaring rates of both rent and prices 1st time buyers pay year on year. We could solve this by 4 options: i) build more houses which takes time, ii) place an arbitary cap on the prices landlords can charge, iii) make an effort to control the amount of people living in this country and make sure that brits are not prices out of homes or iv) do the smart thing and combine the 3 afformented proposals in some way or another.

2. You seem to agree that the population is a cause for concern regarding public services no? So why arr you against thourogh regulation of those who enter and leave? Voting brexit doesnt mean banning all immigrants, just regulating the flow and the demographics so that we are not overwhelmed.

3. By reducing populations and the number of workers in the country we could (COULD, as reducing population alone would struggle to achieve this alone-but the current goverment with its reduction of capital gains tax et al seems to be on the right wavelenghth) increase the number of brits in work (skilled or no)/ training AS WELL AS the wages they are paid, thus increasing tax revenues, and improving lives which in itself will reduce the strain on healthcare systems and policing (healthcare and standard of living innequalities).

4. In not a chav. I have a masters and do alright for myself thank you very much.

Rebuttal please

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Absolute common sense. We have to regulate who comes into the country and why. A security issue as much as anything. Cue the Third Reich Chelsea nonsense. Oh but didn't you know? If you disagree with him, you're stupid. It's only his opinion that counts. Do keep up George.

12. george the blue

Clearly im forgetting my place, before the all knowing treble!

Would be nice of him to reply though!!

13. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

You think of Immigrants as consumers only. They are also producers of wealth and resources - they pay their fair share of taxes and not having them will diminish the exchequer for those of us in need of their resources to, one day, pay our Pensions etc.

14. Blueman

You're right, a lot of immigrants do pay their way and offer a lot to the country. However, a hell of a lot don't. That is why we need to be able to ensure that those coming here are not here just for the ride and have a skill that we need.

15. george the blue

you have to consider that the vast majority of these immigtants are poorly educated and work for low rates of pay in unskilled work.

Contrast this with the payout of free healthcare, free education, the occupaion of british houses, post 3 year break welfare bennefits (if our EU overlords let us have that), and you can see that on balance despite the bennefits that immigration brings it also has draw backs that warrant the more stringent regulation of it.

Blueman likes this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

My reason for wanting out is less to do with immigration and more to do with democracy.
    Having the EU is just not democratic at all.
    They can impose legislation on us, and we did not vote them in, and more importantly, we cannot vote them out.
    I ****ing hate Cameron and these **** bird Tories, but at the end of the day, the people of Britain voted for them to be our government, so it is what it is.

The EU on the other hand, is not a democracy.

Stan and SpursDisciple like this.
  17. Blueman

Exactly. We didn't vote for them and yet they make decisions on our behalf.
    The immigration isue is just a part of it.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Also we WILL without question, eventually have to adopt the Euro if we wish to stay in, its only a matter of time.
    The EU will only let us have our cake and eat it for so long. There will come a time when we are told to **** or get off the pot, they will only make these comprimises for Britain for so long.
    The other EU countries will get pissed as well that we are having all these allowances bestowed upon us, where as other nations have had to give up their currencies, allow x amount of immigrants in, and the UK gets off more or less scot free.

The EU is bullshit.
    Try adopting a continental government over in America, try telling the states that a Super government made up of Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Brazil etc will be able to dictate policy to them and see how far it gets.......

King Ossie64 and Blueman like this.
  19. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

If Churchill was still alive,he'd say our country is under attack,wtf are we going to do
    about it??

King Ossie64 and Blueman like this.
  20. King Ossie64

Vote Out!