1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Edinburgh ( it's a long way )

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 23, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Don't get carried away - had we lost we would be 10 places LOWER in the league.

A win was very welcome - but quality was again in short supply. Coventry certainly played the better football --- I can actually feel sorry for Kyle Reid - he was a real pain for our side - he deserves to be in a better team.

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

That was a desperately needed win, as always has said losing would have put us in 18th place and looking over our shoulder. Although the quality was lacking against the bottom team, a team that has scored 3 goals in 8 games (I thought they looked better than the table suggests) I was heartened by the work rate that we showed yesterday. When in possession we lacked idea's, when defending we lacked organisation, but we did work hard in trying to close down, our communication is a bit of a problem at times (as witnessed between Ehmer and Nelson on one very dangerous occasion) but overall I went home happy.

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Only 4 points from 1st and people calling for JE's head. Don't forget Peter Taylor is available if we get rid of JE <whistle>

superbob likes this.
  4. superbob

superbob Member

Finding things slightly harder to defend...