1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Drog looking at Marseille move in summer

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Sheriff JW Pepper, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Sheriff JW Pepper

Reports in the paper (Express) about our talismanic forward possibly leaving in summer...this was always on the cards (& as I posted a couple of months ago) Marseille would be the place, costing them about £5m

It only remains to see whether they can afford his wages (£120k+)...if Anelka is also on his last run this opens up the door for another spree in summer

A class midfielder & a second quality striker loom...with some makeweights going in the other direction
    mikel/Kalou/Ferreira may be shipped out

The Drog has been nothing short of sensational for us in the 7 years we've had him...yes he has a tendancy to cry like a girl now & then.. but the brilliant outweighs the slightly embarrassing<ok><applause>

Good luck Didier - Chelsea legend

2. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

Yup.

To be honest I share a lot of your feelings towards him, but I also feel that he has been a troublemaker in the past behind the scenes, as he carries a lot of influence in the changing room with the African and French contingent.

His performance when we played Marseille away was nothing short of an embarrasment and blatant display of "I love you Marseille, come and get me".

That aside, a great player and he has helped us win three premier League trophies, a couple of FA cups and League Cups and a Charity Shield or two, and given us an edge over the gooners!

3. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

Agree with That Bro <ok>

JWP<ok>

4. Dave Woods-Spanishblue

To be fair to the Drog i think his time at Chelsea has been sensational.His power, strength,all-round goalscoring prowess will be sadly missed if he does leave in the summer.He has been a great asset to the team and agree that the only thing that let him down on occaisions was his attempts at amateur dramatics.IF he is to leave we still have young Danny S to come back ,Torres ,Anelka and Kalou so we still have some very good talent at our disposal.

5. Sheriff JW Pepper

Dave

That reply was going great until you included Kalouuuuuuuuuuuuu<laugh>

6. Dave Woods-Spanishblue

Kalouuuuuuuuuuuuu is a star.........never ever gonna be in the same class as the Drog but he ,in my humble opinion,should be used for the last 20-30 mins as sub in the league and get full games in the FA and League cups.I know he infuriates people but ,i think,he tries really hard and always seems to give 100% which is more than can be said for our starting trio on sunday !

7. Sheriff JW Pepper

Yeah...said same recently - should have his own spot on the bench & come on with 20 odd mins to go every game

Should have a label in his shirt - "do not start the game with this equipment"
    Use sparingly::D

8. Dave Woods-Spanishblue

hahahahahaha................will be sad if and when drogs goes but honestly think age has caught up with him now......hes had non stop football for 12 months with last seasons exploits,acon the world cup and malaria to contend with ,so its not really suprising hes ****ed !!

9. KING-KERRY-DIXON

Kalou always reminds me of a dog with a baloon when he's got the ball !!<yikes><yikes>

10. The Ginger Marks

I agree Dave, I rate Kalou highly but only for 30 minutes probably the best impact sub we have. Against Villa the game changed when he came on. Villa's backs didn't push up as far as they did before and he soon had them back-pedalling.

But to be fair a lot of Kalou's game is centred around Drogba I feel he will get better when Drogba goes although I will miss him greatly, you never know what the guy would come up with next.<ok>