1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dreading the Reading?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Castro Sito, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

A beaut pass FM! On form and fit McG can, I say can, be a great asset and shows all his silky skills.

2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Agree Scowey. In our endless debates, we all know that the combination of Skuglas has failed, for whatever reason.

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Better performance and a good point. Needless to say, I didn't predict that before the match.

Maybe it's as simple as having a midfield trio of Diagouraga, Huws, and Ward rather than Skuse, Douglas, and Bru? The two loanees played well and Ward proved he can adapt down the centre. Skuse has been trading on his reputation for a while now (personal opinion), Douglas has been made the scapegoat, but is past it, and Bru is just too lightweight and inconsistent these days.

That more mobile midfield in the centre, as well as having Emmanuel at right back and Steven Taylor marshalling things in the centre of defence, made a difference. We just got the basics right on Saturday and looked a lot more organised and effective.

Still think we'll struggle to get much out of this upcoming run of fixtures, but I hope Mick sticks with a similar line-up in the near future. We may even be able to beat Villa.

4. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

The trouble is Mick has already stated how much of a blow the Skuse injury was, which tells me he's likely to walk straight back in when fit. I really hope he doesn't bottle it by being too faithful to his old favourites as usual. Surely that display and atmosphere at the weekend will stand for something?

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

He wont be available for the Villa game so that's good news! <ok>