1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Doncaster Rovers V Preston North End

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 11, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Games are coming thick and fast now as we approach the end of a season that for Northend fans has been nothing short of a disaster. Things have been on the up since Phil Brown and Horton took over, although it has taken them time to try and sort out the mess they inherited. Slowly but surely the team have been improving and PNE are now a more difficult team to beat, with the team showing far more tactical awareness and putting in the effort PNE fans rightly expect. PNE have played all the top teams of late and have done very well but have not quite been able to grab the wins they desperately need.

Tomorrow night PNE travel to Doncaster to face the Rovers in what is another 6 pointer game, with Donney lying one place above the relegation spots. Obviously it is an important game for both clubs, and maybe in PNE's case a vital one that they must win.
    PNE are well capable of achieving the win they desperately need, but Donney will be a hard nut to crack. PNE have been stuck in the bottom three for quite some time now whereas Donney after seeming to be relatively safe have suddenly dropped their guard and now find themselves as part of the race to escape relegation. To me Donney are one of those teams that can give you nightmares when trying to predict a result, you never know which team will turn up as on their day they can and do bring off some stunning results. They are however struggling now so this might be the right time for PNE to play them.

I feel that PNE can and will win this one and take all three points, but once again it is going to be a very difficult game.

What are your thoughts and predictions on this relegation battle between the two teams.

:emoticon-0100-smile

2. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

all out attack, nothing to lose, 1 point aint any good.
    A resounding thrashing for Donny

there again !!!!!

weak at the back, weak at set pieces, errrr emmmmm gulp,,,,,,, gawd knows :(

keep the faith n the fingers crossed :)

3. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

The next two matches are the defining moment of the season, two wins puts us in wth a shout anything less than 3 points means relegation

4. mid010101

mid010101 New Member

I think I would tell fulham that Johnson is ill and play any one else

5. markos50

markos50 New Member

Well done Plumber! keep bashing away at that keyboard on Not 606 and the masses will come on board. We seem to be lonely on here.
    As for tomorrow....good news is my son and heir is travelling from Sheffield [student] to watch the mighty whites at Donny and he is usually quite a good omen....lets hope so and bag 3 points. 3 tomorrow and 3 on Saturday with results going our way may just prompt the most amazing survival in football history! let hope so!
    UTW

6. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

If we did manage to survive, jesus will be jealous, as it would be the best risen from the dead act ever. Still I believe, so keep the faith!!!! ;-)

7. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

Think it will be Donny 1 - 2 PNE. Hume and treacy to get us a vital 3 points. We will go on a winning streak that sees us safe at the end of the day, to turn a phrase!!!!

8. lilywhite forever

PNE to win 2-1. Must win game, as is Sheffield at the weekend! UTW!

9. theflyingplumber

Hours away now from what promises to be an exciting encounter. May Well not be a football classic but now it's all about winning three points, nerves will now begin to play their part as will who wants it the most. I fancy Northend to come out on top on both counts and thus pick up the win. If they can do this then Saturday's game against the Blades will be of even greater significance, but we have to win tonight's battle first.

<ok>

10. TigerReece

TigerReece Member

Come on preston would really like you to stay up would be fun to see brownie at KC Stadium again

Prediction: 1:2 Preston

11. theflyingplumber

Why thank's Tiger, you sound like a gentleman..hope your prediction is on the ball..<cheers>

:emoticon-0100-smile:

12. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

Someone come and take johnson away. If he had been blind, with only one leg and drunk. He should have scored from 1 yard out!!!!!

13. lilywhite forever

Come on Whites, that's the best way to come back! :)

14. theflyingplumber

Didn't happen for PNE did it..:emoticon-0101-sadsm:

Yet another draw that still leaves us 7pts adrift, a brave and gallant attempt to take all three points but in the end probably a fair result at Rovers.

I fear that we now have far to much to do and not enough time left to do it in.
    Always hoping for a miracle of course but they don't come along all that often do they, so it's back to Deepdale for Saturday's meeting with the Blades who like ourselves are deep in the mire. Personally I don't think any result on Saturday will effect either PNE or the Blades in the relegation fight, it is looking very bleak for both clubs who more than likely will join Scunny in Div 1 next season.

Last night's encounter proved to be an exciting one by all accounts with both sides opting for a very open game that created numerous chances to score at both ends of the pitch. The points shared will obviously suit Donny far more than PNE. Donny are now looking reasonably safe with PNE no better off than they were before the game.

Difficult to feel optimistic about PNE's survival chances now, but until relegation is confirmed PNE and the supporters will continue to tough things out in the faint hope that miracle's do happen.

15. Jonners6

Jonners6 New Member

I was at the game last night and I'll give you my view.

First 10 minutes they were all over us and Turner made a smart save to keep them out. Then they seemed to back off a bit but we still looked terrible at the back. I think we were either playing 3-4-3 or Ashbee was playing CB, I couldn't work it out. Khumalo is ****3, he can't tackle, can't head and can't pass. Couldn't keep track of his man etc. Billy Jones had to give him a right talking to.

First half was a to-and-fro and, tbh, we should have scored Hume hit a great volley but went straight to the keeper and the woeful Johnson missed from a yard out. One of the their players (bald number3) was booked for a blatant dive, and god was it blatant; one of the most despicable dives I've seen.

Second half we started well and could have gone ahead, keeper and defenders getting in vital blocks.

They scored totally against the run of play and then we scored and it looked like we'd get another, crosses and shots coming in, Treacey hitting the bar with a chipped cross/shot. Johnson made a great run but then seemed to fall over himself and sky the ball instead of crossing. IMO he should have been off for Ellington after about 60 mins, he offered nothing.

Hume was great, ran and ran and ran and ran....

Shame really as both teams played some good football but we had some great chances to win it.

16. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

I just wanna know who convinced johnson he was good enough to be a professional footballer!!! Its like those acts you see on x factor, the REALLY bad ones, who you know their friends say " wow, your really good, you should go on x factor" when they clearly should not for the good of humanity!!!!!!!! It should be tantamount to human cruelty!!!! Its a shame !-)
    If he were a race horse that bad he would be cat food bt now!!!!!! Ha ha ha

17. theflyingplumber

Thanks for your views on the game No6. <ok>

PNE-Behind-Enemy-Lines. :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm.......<ok>

18. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Sadly the sands of time are running out must win on Saturday otherwise it's curtains

19. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

Sorry was on one then!!!!!!!!

20. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

Sorry was on one then!!!!!!!!