1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you agree with the Club

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether Guidolin is right for the job.I have two questions , do you agree with way the Board has acted over the past few weeks this including the lack of " investment "in the squad but just as importantly the way they have failed to support the manager from the constant media speculation about his future including Jenkins meeting with two potential replacements without vacancy having been announced .

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Hi Matt, good thread <ok>

As far as I'm aware the 'new board' has provided sufficient funds to cover a share purchase scheme designed for profit generation only. Their investment was into a central fund set up by a consortium of anonymous individuals. The cumulative capital accrued in their fund they used to purchase sufficient number of shares in order to gain a controlling interest in our club. There has been no real investment into our club what so ever.

With regard to Guidolin being hung out to dry.
    Regardless of how the board or we feel about him, he wears our badge of honor on his breast, the Swan, therefor he should have been protected at all costs by our board. Any problems or situations that arise with ANY person who wears our crest should ALWAYS be dealt with 'in-house'. I am not a fan of his as you know but I am appalled at how easily our new anonymous board has thrown our respect and core values out of the window.

With regard to Jenkins talking with Giggs and a monkey, I have no issue with this. What I do have an issue with is the fact that information about these meetings was apparently 'leaked' to the press. Any talks should have been held behind closed doors and in private. No one needed to know about it, especially with Guidolin still incumbent, so how did the press find out about it?

According to the press, Klinsman is in the mix now, I hope Jenkins has had a meeting with him.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Guidolin as the club have done nothing to protect him. Pretty appalling really.
    Regardless of whether he's good enough or not, he still deserves to be treated with respect.

4. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Our off field activities have been worsening for some time. The current situation is a shambles and following on from the transfer day deadline debacle it's about time Huw was brought to book.

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Good thread and I agree with all the comments so far. <ok>

Sad that we've gone from a club that was the epitome of "the way it should be done" to just like all the rest - except we're more amateurish if that's possible.

6. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Agree Kiff, since the Laudrup event left a bad taste in the mouth we've been an embarrassment.

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

This all stems back to the way Laudrup was sacked.
    Whether rightly or wrongly sacked (don't want to start that again) the way in which it was handled was a joke. We then had Monk come in and take over only to be sacked because of allegedly backing the board over Dyer etc and the fallout of that.
    Huw and Co then jet set to South American to get Bielsa and come back empty handed.
    We appoint Curtis as manager until the end of the season only for Guidolin to be brought in a few days later as joint manager at the time.

We then had the out of the blue announcements that the club was being sold and that the Trust had been kept in the dark about the sale.

We now have new owners who have not invested a penny into the club and sanctioned the sales of Ayew and Ash without replacing them with quality players. It looks from the outside as if they've pocketed that fee.

The club accounts are also about to show a significant loss for this year but where has the money gone? £20m for Ayew, Eder and Palo = £10m, Ash = £12m and Jonjo =£13m?

It can't be the training facilities/academy etc because Bonys £25m fee went on that.

In short, we've gone from being arguably the best run club in Britain to an absolute joke off the pitch.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Agree with most Valley, but sacking Laudrup was absolutely necessary.......but, not going there again.

Re the sale, a situation was thrust upon the club and community which can be directly attribute to the legal wranglings between Morgan and a scorned wife.

We were met with a sudden crisis that had to be urgently dealt with. Morgan, the majority share holder, had to sell his shares in settlement. I don't think we were as prepared as we should have been to deal with the situation and we weren't able to absorb its repercussions. I think this was mainly down to the major shareholders. Some were keen to sell while others had a knee jerk reaction, imo but all jumped at the chance to cash in on the situation and sell their shares and subsequently the controlling interest, in our club.

Not wanting protracted and public board meetings, with all the delays and legalities a full board meeting would inevitably generate, they decided on a clandestine approach of keeping the decision among the major shareholders only. Only when their secret meetings were leaked to the press were they forced to own up to their desire to sell us out.

For me, that's when our core values were betrayed and all light stopped shining on our gem of a club.

We wont fully know the extent of the fall out from the actions of these few until the end of the season but I'm not happy with where we are now. I don't think we're a joke of a club yet, we'll find that out come May 2017 but we're certainly a talking point now, and people are talking about the bad in us and not the good which I find very uncomfortable.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Protect him in which way ? Protect him from what exactly ?

10. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

From humiliation. If the Board don't think he's the answer they should sack him on the spot. If they think he's good enough, back him. If they think there are issues that may be resolved, give him a time limit to resolve them (eg Christmas).

To sneak around meeting potential managers indiscreetly and allowing rumours to flourish without any statement from the Club is not only rank amateurism, it shows what a bunch of twats we now have running our Club.

11. swanseaandproud

Goes with the territory i think. The manager should get the flack if results are not forth coming ....All managers go through the same so why this bull of protection, it's the only weapon we have....

12. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

As should the players and the chairman, with player acquisitions.

The way Guidolin has been treated is disgusting regardless of his results.

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

We as a Club have built a steady positive reputation , this has been diluted over the past 3 years , not of the fans making I may add . rumours about Directors and players wives , sacking a manager via email , shareholders selling their shares in a underhand way , all legally I;m sure but to exclude the Trust the very same one that the Board was more than happy to ride the back of when self promoting themselves to the yanks and the medai just shows the lack of integrity they seem to possess .We are becoming a bit of a joke and everything which is wrong in football today . Greed and instant success the watchwords of other Clubs now seems to be our mantra .Perhaps those points don't mean anything to some but there's still enough who care how the Club is perceived .

14. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Post of the season for me ...well well said matt, had me clapping ..wish I didnt have to clap about such a post but its the truth IMO

15. swanseaandproud

Agree with you Mat We have become a laughing stock and it's all self inflicted, We have owners that talk the talk but no sign of the walk the walk yet. We have a chairman Who has totally lost the plot and shops at pound-stretcher and thinks he knows best when it comes to getting players. We have coaches that are not saying a word and we have a low grade manager that dont understand the premiership and loves to praise the opposition when we lose......I have never seen nothing like it and if that is not a recipe for relegation then i dont know what is........Change is needed now or there is no hope......It has been coming for a couple of seasons the signs like Mat has pointed out were there.....

16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Not sure about Poundstretcher but he's been seen in Lidl quite often on his way back to his £750,000 home in sunny Alltwen...

17. swanseaandproud

Lidl is far to up market for him ..<laugh>

18. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I was nodding my head to his post, top post again Boundy!!

19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Whilst I think it is poor, do you think it is different at any other club, do you not think West Ham and Stoke owners aren't talking with potential new managers, of course they are. Whether it is right or wrong is another thing. we are all going on here like it has never happened before in football and we are the first club to do it. this happens at every club and at every level.

I ask you all wold you rather the club be prepared for his potential sacking or go through what happened last season when we couldn't find a manager. Lat season you were all moaning like **** that we didn't have any sort of plan after monk left and were moaning that we didn't have something lined up to replace him quickly. Now we are doing exactly what fans moaned about last season we are moaning the other way.

I am sorry for Guidolin, but this is football and what is happening is nothing new.

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Got to agree with all the posts here, the conduct of our boardroom has been a big concern for me for a number of seasons now, and with our ponces today looking like schoolboys in front of goal, it looks like it's curtains for Franco, and we will see Curtis take temp control again!..........<ok>

Great thread Matt, and spot on.