1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Do you agree with Leighton.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Sep 29, 2016.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Leighton column in today's EP says that we should stick with Guidolin. Do you agree with him or not ?

Myself was not keen on him from the start but i thought he deserved a chance for keeping us up last season even though i think it was Curtis's input that really saved us.
    Today and for a while i dont agree with Leighton as i have seen enough to show me he is not the standard of manager we need, I just dont see any premiership qualities as a Manager with any of his game plans or his ability to pick the right team for the opposition we are playing....
    This is my take on things for Gildo only and not for anyone else who may come in or not....If you think we should stick with Guido then that is fair enough but Why?

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I just wonder how many games he has actually watched this swason for him to qualify his comments. I reckon he hasn't been to one.

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I agree Guidolin should be given a chance to right the ship....in our first 8 games we will have played 1-the title winners from last season 2- Chelsea 3-Man City4-Liverpool 5-Arsenal.In our first 540 minutes of play our record breaking transfer, Baston , has played 19 minutes . We lost Williams , who probably had his best few years the last few he played with us .We've replaced him at the core with Amat who had very few minutes last season . Huws 7 million pound CB present to Monk seems to be a bust since Williams left .
    BUT , if Guidolin is let go , I think our best chance is with Curtis ...the players have proved they respond to him .

4. swanseaandproud

Agree players responded to Curtis but i dont think he is the answer in the long term.....I dont know who is the answer is the honest truth but i know we need someone not only for the managers job but as chairman as well......We need a fresh approach at the club...

Pete from Crete likes this.
  5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Isupportguidolin!!!

seabreeze likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Franco is not making the right game changing decisions, and today he threw the game away by not bringing on McBurnie, instead of Ki, who is a shadow of his best, leaving Routledge on for so long was also a mistake, as Barrow didn't really have enough time to get into his stride. I like Franco, he's a real genuine guy, but he's not ruthless enough to knock our ponces into shape..........<ok>

Taffvalerowdy and Newportswan like this.
  7. swanseaandproud

He has to go now surely....<ok>

8. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Isupportguidolin!!!!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Totally Agree! look at the way he crawled to Taylor after the Chelsea game these players need a leader who tells them what is what. Imagine the likes of Shankly,Clough or Ferguson taking that **** from a player.

DragonPhilljack likes this.