1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disastrous Season - Really?????!!!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, May 9, 2017.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

dont agree or think that avoiding relegation is good or the aim at the start of the season!!!! now the goals have to be replaced.

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Nineteen players were brought in = Mr Johnson was backed to an unprecedented extent. The club went into the penultimate game of the season with relegation still a possibility. Bristol City finished three points above relegation while spending more money than the majority of the division to do so.

Nothing to explain. That is a dismal return.

Red Robin and Red Hub like this.
  3. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

I think the memory of that fantastic promotion season has cast a shadow over what followed. I got used to us playing good football and looking a class above other teams. It felt like we were on the verge of something big with the obvious team spirit we had built.

Contrast that with what we've seen this season and it feels like we have thrown away everything we built. Lots of money wasted on players who don't play. Regularly awful performances and capitulation from winning positions. Coupled with rumours of bitching and in-fighting between the staff. It just feels such a wasted opportunity when for once the club looked to be going in the right direction.

Red Robin likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The biggest issue that hits me is that we all know where we want to be and yet never seem to have the moxy to put all the right pieces in place at the same time. Whether we like it or not we have to go back to the drawing board next season because there will be major changes in personnel and I have often wondered why we never enter a season with at least 8 returnees from the previous campaign as a building block. So far I have heard on here that we need a new goalkeeper plus players in many positions to even stand a chance of divisional consolidation, and despite knowing for years that we need a midfield general we still need to fill that spot.

Frankly I despair at City ever getting the mixture right and unless we get it totally right from the first kick-off then I fear we will be reading the same stuff on here again and again. Fed up doesn't even begin to explain my frustration.