1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did anyone just watch Pards interview on BBC look north?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Shola's Concrete Boots, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

Cheers mate it's appreciated. Hopefully both clubs can move on now.

2. bald-in-guelph

Nee bother Des. It just seems to me that football has lost the plot. It doesn't feel like "our" players are really ours any more does it? I felt like that in the derby match. It would have been more genuine if 11 of your lads had turned up for a darts match with 11 of ours to sort out bragging rights.

You go back a few years and we both had dyed in the wool Geordies and Mackems playing and even adopted ones like John Anderson, Tommy Cassidy, Kevin Ball and Gary Bennett. Sadly not any more. No loyalty and no trust, unfortunately.

3. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

That's the modern game unfortunately. No loyalty anymore. Footballers coming through nowadays are doing it purely for
    the money and not the love of football. I don't begrudge them taking it but its obscene in today's game.

£80k - £90k for a player whos only proven himself for 6 months in top flight.

A mate said to me today. Carroll has gone from £0 to £35mil in 91 games. Staggering !!l

4. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Member

this

5. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

It was £28k. I don't know what the greedy **** needed so desperately between now and the summer that £28k a week couldn't cover.

What Pardew has said sounds far more plausible than Andy's account of events.

6. Leon Bessi

Leon Bessi Active Member

Agreed,
    How can you be forced onto a helicopter?.it can't have been at gun point,surely.
    Thanks for the kind words Bald, felt sorry for your lot after Bent left ye, no bullshitting.
    He was rotting away in Spurs then ye buy him and give him the chance to show 'arry what a player is.Then he goes to Villa?.Some sign of gratitude.I think the North-Eastern clubs have been rightly shafted in the space of a few weeks by two right prats.

7. Sir Bobby

Sir Bobby Active Member

Bail money.

8. bald-in-guelph

Spot on Leon.

The thing that sickens me with this, and more so with the Carroll thing (with being local) is that both clubs struggle with geography. The perception of the average footballer is that the North East is a bit like the Arctic Circle with a few shops and terraced houses thrown in. I suppose ignorance is even more pronounced amongst overseas players, but what sort of message is it all sending out to players about the attractiveness of playing for either of our clubs, when a local lad scarpers three months after a signing a five year contract?

I can understand the lad's head being turned by 80k a week. He's likely to earn more between now and his debut than I will before I retire! However, he was on anywhere between 18K and 28 K a bloody week FFS! How much money do these buggers need? I might sound like an old fart, but when I was a young 'un you didn't have to think about the cost of getting in as the price of football was incidental. It now costs a fortune and all to fill the pockets of players who are financially independent by their early 20s. It's not the game it was. That's for sure.

9. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Hard to believe anything coming out of the club these days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.