1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did anyone just watch Pards interview on BBC look north?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Shola's Concrete Boots, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

2. WayneLikesBlobs

same. i felt so sorry for pardew too.
    starting to like the man.

3. Shola's Concrete Boots

Ayhe me too. He comes across as honest unlike carroll the c**t

4. MattNUFC

MattNUFC Member

What did he say? If you can't find a link. :D

5. TheMightyToon

TheMightyToon Member

He needs a shave imo

6. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

He looks utterly knackered and drained after dealing with the last 48 hours.

7. beardface

beardface Active Member

What was said?

8. Shola's Concrete Boots

He was just saying basically he didnt want carroll to leave.

Carroll came in to his office and said he wanted a new contract even though we had promised to renew in the summer.
    Pards said they couldnt do that (righly so) and then he Carrol said'' If you wont give me a contract I want to speak to Liverpool''
    Pards said. ''You will have to give me that in writing then andy''.

And the rest is history

These are quotes from pardew himself.

9. AH

AH Active Member

I've been watching various Sky Sports/BBC Sport interviews with Pardew and genuinely do believe him and feel sorry for him. Looks like nothing was going to stop Carroll leaving this window other than tripling his wage packet, which considering we've been trying to cut others wages, just wouldn't be fair.

10. Shola's Concrete Boots

Carroll = Another footballing mercernary. Good Riddance. No-one is bigger than this club

11. Leon Bessi

Leon Bessi Active Member

12. beardface

beardface Active Member

Carroll succeeded where Steven Taylor failed.

But then again Steven Taylor actually gives a **** about the club, so... <whistle>

13. Shola's Concrete Boots

Still trying to find a link

14. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

15. ToonArmyW'ereBarmy

ToonArmyW'ereBarmy New Member

carrolls a f**kin pleb and ashleys a tw@tt and i cant figure out if ashley has his hand up pardews@rse or not..Alan is that you? are your lips moving, is that your voice?

Its always the fans who suffer, i tell you one thing mike wasn't shy in getting the helicopter out and carroll did not have to put in transfer request or go and talk with them, all this rubbish I wasn't wanted ah yeah Andy like 52 thousand geordies didnt idolise you every saturday...i think both are to blame

16. je ne sais quoi

Spot on!

17. Some reports suggest that he was only on 18k a week...

18. Shola's Concrete Boots

From abot 4m50 in the link

19. Toon126

Toon126 Member

He wouldn't of signed a contract in October for 18k, he might have been before that but would have definitely been bumped to 30k in October.

After digesting all this for a day, and really wanting to blame Ashley, I can't. I genuinely believe Pardew's story here, he looks gutted as well, I mean here's a guy who spent the last 2 months assuring us week in week out Carroll wasn't going anywhere and then wooosh, he was sold. How must he be feeling? And then to have Carroll say he never wanted to leave and didn't feel wanted. Someone mentioned it earlier, just because Mike Ashley doesn't want you, the manager, the team and EVERY SINGLE NEWCASTLE FAN WANTED YOU!!!! And he doesn't live under a rock he knows what we all think of Ashley. Carroll has blatantly engineered this move with the help of his agent advising him one way or the other he was gonna get 80k by the end of yesterday. Hero to Zero in a matter of hours.

20. bald-in-guelph

Mackem in peace lads. Straight up.

The whole thing has been a shock to football and I have to say that I felt really sad when all of this has come out. It made me put rivalry aside for a moment. We got shafted a fortnight ago by a bloke that talked the talk (Bent) and then walked the walk right out the door when it was too late to replace him. Having said that I never really bought Bent's bullshit, but I really thought that Andy Carroll's heart was in being your number 9. He's a local lad and I thought that might make a difference. There aren't enough of them either at SJP or SOL in my view.

I think what sticks in my throat with all of this is the plain fact that neither of them thought for a moment about anybody else, either the manager, the owners, or the kids who idolised them with their name on the back of the shirt. I wonder how their team mates feel about being let down by another player's greed? I hate to think that their view is "Lucky bugger off to line his pockets elsewhere, I wish it was me!" I sincerely hope not but the whole way that transfers are conducted and how players behave just makes me feel so very sad. It's particularly sad that it's happened to the North East clubs in the space of a couple of weeks.

It's easy to blame Ashley, because of his track record, but not this time. For what it's worth it doesn't seem to be Pardew's fault either. Just victims of circumstance and the greed of an individual.

Gan canny lads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.