1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Defeat from the jaws of........

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by WINDYROG, Apr 1, 2017.

1. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Anyone got any ideas what is and has been going on?? Sooooo depressed :-(

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Just got home. First half was an utter disgrace - and to be honest, the second half wasn't great - MK Dons relaxed ! It would have been cruel on them if they didn't win.
    Jackson, Oshilaja and Ehmer were dreadful.
    I am so annoyed at the manner of our defeat - totally unprofessional. They should all be ashamed of what happened in the first 10 minutes. I saw fans leave at this point ! - others never came back after half time.
    As for Dack - he needs to be dropped. It was bad enough last week ( against Peterborough ) - he was very lazy in not getting back 'on-side' - he showed no rush to get into a useful position - and wasn't available to receive the ball. Today he showed incredible stupidity by getting himself sent off. He just wouldn't leave the referee alone after we didn't get a free kick for a foul just before Don's winner. Did he think the referee was going to change his mind ? - so - it was bad enough that we cocked up an undeserved point - now we are without Dack for the next 2 games.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

alwaysright, from reading your report, I'll say once again there is something not right with Oshilaja, I don't see him as lazy and a good player does not suddenly turn bad, I'm not sure what is going on in the dressing room or even on the training ground but his mind is not focused. Yeah his confidence could be shot but he's never really been a player that I've seen come under a lot stick. Without seeing the players off the pitch it's a hard call to make.

4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb
    Oshilaja has been used at both LB and RB ( due to recruitment mistakes ). Dej is not a full back. He is ok in the middle of a defence - but has little idea at full back. It's not his fault for being played out of position - but the consequences are the number of goals we cannot prevent without square pegs in square holes. Having said that, the players are guilty of a lack of pride, passion, effort - just not trying --- I don't know how much more of this (rearrange the letters) I can take.

5. brb

brb CR250

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Square pegs in round holes has been a problem all season. We thought JED was bad for it but Pennock has been worse. Pennock made the decision to release our only fit Left Back to play Deji there which frankly was suicide. Now many people weren't happy with Konchesky due to his pace but frankly he was still more effective in that position than Deji is. Not only that but his dead ball ability and the fact he actually talks in games was definitely something we needed.

I would have kept Konchesky and allowed to play Deji at CB especially as Ehmer has been crap for weeks, Max should have been dropped months ago. Each time he's been dropped for a few games in his time with us he normally comes back stronger. He's not been dropped at all this year and thus has got too complacent but we don't have the option to drop him because we don't have any fit Left Backs. Well done Ady <steam>