1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dave Whelan - The Voice of Senility?

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by Munstertoon, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Munstertoon

Munstertoon Member

Whatever about the infamous "tackle" on
    Sunday, what is your Chairman on, to
    describe McMenaman getting the ball "clean as a whistle"?

With a young player's football career in doubt, don't you think he would be better keeping schtum, rather than inflame the already strained relations between our clubs? Talk about adding insult to injury!!

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

I like Dave, but boy is he wrong on this one.

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

He's trying to deflect some attention away from the boy himself. How well advised that is, I don't know.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

A lot of time for DW, but to say it was a fair challenge and all that is very poor. He also kept saying the ref didn't even give a free kick...that cos he said he didn't see it Dave!!!

Player not going to get a ban now either, disgusting decision from the FA. Ref did the right thing if he didn't see it, not give anything and let the F.A's retrospective panel deal with it with the benefit of video replays....and then they do nothing!!

The FA really don't help themselves do they?!

5. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I think their rules on what they can and can't do are fairly clear. If the event took place on the ball and the referee saw it they can't do anything about it, even if he made a mistake. The rules for retrospective punishment are applied when it is an apisode that the officials DIDN'T see - ie, that took place OFF the ball.

Calum is a fringe player, it would have been better for all concerned if he had got a ban. As it is this is going to fester. Note to Kaiser Dave - no more pronouncements on this, ok?

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think they are suggesting that the linesman saw it but didn't have a very good view of it. Not the ref who admitted to Pardew he hadn't seen it. Bad day at the office for the ref and linesmen. I can accept that.

The FA are a joke. I'm not fussed about their rules etc, everyone knows what should have happened. Nobody except Whelan/Martinez would have batted an eyelid if they'd banned him for 6 games.

Whelan I've never liked and he is basically senile so that didn't really surprise me. Martinez was the one I was shocked with. He has been quick to get himself in a tizz with the likes of Johnson, Welbeck and Muamba. No different to most managers though, a complete hypocrite. To claim he is not that kind of player is unreal, that's his third incident with tackles of this ilk. If they don't take him to task and the FA don't, you can bet he'll do it again.

7. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Its true that Dave W. Doas go over board with his comments sometimes but then everybody fall for his best know trick of raising the profile of the latics and has a go back at what he say's he loves all the press that he gets bad or good everybody swallows the bait every time.

8. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

The bloke is a cretin end of discussion

9. Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon Active Member

I think the bloke is a passionate old man but needs to step aside.

10. Keith Lemon

he's done Wigan no favours this year.

11. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

He is bitter Mike Ashley ran his beloved JJB out of business. This was a good way to get some digs in.

12. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

"Ran his beloved JJB out of business".

Expand on this? Dave Whelan sold JJB to a group fronted by one of Mike Ashley's old executives. He got top dollar. Are you saying that after JJB was ran into the ground Dave still held on to some sort of sentimental attachment, even though he'd sold it?

He doesn't strike me as very sentimental.

13. Keith Lemon

Is this still rumbling