1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dave Jones post-match interview.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Apr 24, 2011.

1. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Apparently Cardiff took us to the cleaners. No doubt they were the better team for most of the game, but they did NOT take us to the cleaners. A draw was the right result. If that was Cardiff taking us to the cleaners I fear for them when they are not at the top of their game. Jones, you are an idiot!

2. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

He's cracking under the strain. Himself and Arsene will be in the Priory before they know it.

Personally, i didn't even think we were second best. Over the entire 90 minutes I think it was Evens Stevens

3. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

We were second best but I was fairly confident during the game that we were going to get something out of it

4. RangersHQ-Norfolk

We were clearly second best in the first half, first time this season I've seen Derry and Faurlin out fought in the middle.

Second half though, we played how we have all season and brought the game to Cardiff.

Jones even said we were 'lucky'. And Jones looked even more stupid when listening to Warnock's interview - he had nothing but praise for Cardiff and the game in general.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

You have to bear in mind when Dave Jones says anything, absolutely anything, that he is a miserable scouse ****.

I tried to think of a more mature word that epitomises him, but I don't think anything else does him justice.

6. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Jones came across as a very bitter man (never noticed that before). Agree with Swords' Wenger comparison and Norfolk's contrast with our eminently more balanced and able leader.

Some very good attacking players but Cardiff were not the joined-up force they should be by now. Good set of loyal supporters who deserve better in my view.

Given Cardiff have that attacking strength, were at home, on a roll and auto promotion was their's to lose, came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. Reflected Jones' dour, uninspiring and unimaginative self.

Slight detraction. As for us. We're built round one man - and it shows! Defence is re-constituting nicely though: Connolly still a bit jittery but not too bad overall. Faulin not his usual commanding self imo. I thought Derry was - but wish he could shoot!

Our supporters did us proud, colourful and loud, even though cameras ignored them for the most part...

Can't they find someone to replace that dry wannabe Lawrenson? Is Yosser Hughes still about?!