1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coventry

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Apr 8, 2017.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Is it still his daughter (Katrina?) in charge? Since you got double promotions I have seen Saints as a club to look up to. A lot of similarities but I just wish our academy was as good as we've always been good at scouting gems just not producing them

Libby and Saints_Alive like this.
  2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Yeah Katharina, I would probably swap our academy for a PL title and a CL QF to be honest!...<laugh>

Nothing will ever take that away from your fans although it is satisfying to see kids that have been at our club since 8 become England Internationals.

Lovearsenalcock and Libby like this.
  3. JohnTheFox

Yeah a lot of fans of the bigger clubs don't understand that we will always have that season to remember. It means so much more when you're a club like ours. As I say, I have a lot of time for Saints, I feel bad for what Vardy did to VVF :/
    Is there any way you can get into Europe for next season from getting to the final of the league cup if Man U get CL?

Libby likes this.
  4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah his daughter Kat is still in charge. Funny thing us at first it was clearly an inheritance that she didn't *really* want... but still continued to invest money in new training ground/academy. Also provided interest free 'loans' etc.

She didn't have to do any of that, but has actually said in public that she has taken the club to heart more than she thought she ever would, probably due to her father.

She could of sold up as soon as we hit PL and made a huge profit but didn't.

In an ideal world I'd like to stay under Liebherr ownership forever, among the best owners in the country for me.

But realistically that was never going to be the case. My hope is that due to her feeling for the club and her Father etc. that she won't just sell to anyone, but make sure they're good owners for the club. There's even of talk of her only selling a stake to begin with to help oversee the transition.

Either way, I'm almost certain that her personal checks on them etc. will be much more thorough than the PL's so called 'fit and proper person' test...

JohnTheFox likes this.
  5. Libby

Libby 9-0

See, I'm not sure about that.

While I'd certainly take a league title and relegation... let's be honest you've seen the arguments I've had over the years on our board of me saying I'd take a domestic cup n relegation in the same season ala Brum n Wigan <laugh>

But I dunno if I'd swap the academy. As much as I want a trophy, the academy we have and the way we give youngsters a chance gives me so much pride. Also makes us fairly unique in the PL imo...

No chance of Europe this year for us.

Agree so much about fans of big clubs never understanding how it feels to support a club like Saints/Leicester.

One of the reasons I was so gutted about efl cup final... a fairly high percentage of United fans will have forgotten about it come Summer... we would have been speaking about it for 30 years!

6. JohnTheFox

That's what I mean, they mock us for still talking about our league win saying we are like Liverpool fans etc. It was last bloody year! Last time I checked we are current champions until Chelsea lift the trophy! But it'll stick with us for a lifetime and if we won the league cup it would (I was just too young to really be into it when we won it twice late 90's).
    I agree with your above point as well that the academy is a pride thing and makes you a sustainable club and that the big boys aren't capable of doing it themselves so nick your players. There's a compliment in there somewhere!

7. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I remember when Coventry had Robbie Keane in their team, Now, I can't name one player from their team.