1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coventry City Vs The Gas Game Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Mar 21, 2017.

?

Final Score

1. Coventry Win

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Gas WIn

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Score Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Don't want to sound defeatist or lacking in ambition, but to be honest, I'd settle for not losing here. A draw is a decent point away from home, and lets be realistic about things - there is no way our current squad could cut it in the Championship, week in, week out. We struggle against teams we feel we should beat and who wants to spend next season struggling for points and looking over our shoulders at other results all the time? Hurts me to admit it but reality has to take hold at some point! Give me another season of decent success and good games in lge 1 rather than a relegation scrap in the championship.

Quilllogic and old timer like this.
  2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Sky odds on this game Coventry 13/5 a draw 12/5 Rovers 21/20

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well pissed off with this Coventry will still go down another great away following rewarded with dog ****e performance

4. old timer

Judging by the lack of posts on twitter I think Rovers have settled for a defeat

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  5. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Moore hasn't done anything we should of brought on Montano as much as James gives 100% and seems like a decent he just isn't the answer

6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

BYE BYE PLAY-OFFS

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm out of here

8. old timer

Thinking of the playoffs now reminds me of a Roy Orbison song In Dreams

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  9. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Its been a goodish season either way but why do we play poorly against piss poor teams even the guy from radio Coventry said the team was made up of mediocre players

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

11. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

As has been said if we can't at least draw with the bottom club then maybe the top six is a step too far.
    Oh for a b----y decent striker, I think this would have made quite a difference this season.
    We've done well but if we had someone who could put the ball in the net with great regularity I think our chances of the play offs would have been far greater.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  12. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

There's no shame in what we've achieved this season, if truth's known. we've exceeded everybody's expectations of how well we would do in this league and we've shocked a few 'much bigger' teams along the way. We've got a brilliant platform to build upon for next season and as you say, strengthening in a few key positions (not least a consistent striker) will give us another season to look forward to. Unless a few other teams all suffer a total collapse at the same time, and we suddenly find our scoring knack again, realistically, this season is over for us, so let's just enjoy the remaining matches without any pressure, and applaud how well our team have done in what is a big step up from Div 2 to Div 1. I'd much rather be in our position right now than City's who are going to be living on their nerves from now to the last day probably. Small steps building gradually is the key to success and with our owner and management team, the future looks very promising indeed.

old timer likes this.
  13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

14. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Not necessarily! A lot of the sides are going to have some bad results and a lot will probably hinge on the last two or three games...

15. old timer

If some body had offered me a season where we would experience the highs of a good position in league one drawing with some of the best teams to grace the Mem EG Sheffield Utd and Bradford city and still be in with a chance admittedly a poor one of making the play offs with 6 games to go I would have taken his hand off. We are the GAS and we don't do anything the easy way but we get a lot of thrills and spills along the way. If we can retain the services of DC and his back room staff make the right signings close season then next year can bring more excitement and the promotion we all desire. we are safe in this league for a another season and the future is bright the future is BLUE and White Quaters

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  16. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It's been another great season. And with a few more decent signings we'll be in with a great shout next season.