1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Counties debt

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

So after Greece and Ireland now is the turn of Portugal to go cap in hand to the EV and borrow 440 billion euros!!! If a country is in such a bad way that it has to do this , How on earth are they going to pay these loans back!!!
    Spain will soon follow suit as its economy is in a mess!
    What happens to the Eurozone if one or all of these countries default and will it cause another stock market crash! Surely throwing away such large amounts of money away to these countries will have a negative effect elsewhere!

1) Should these countries be bailed out?
    2) How are they going to pay back the loans?
    3) What happens if the loans are defaulted on?

2. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

The ECB just increased interest rates too and thts not going to be the last so in answer to the question I think defaults are inevitable and its going to be down to Germany to pick up the pieces. What Hitler couldnt do the bankers will succeed in doing, a united states of europe under german rule is the only sensible option.

3. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

England, France and Germany should just leave and make a more elite Euro group where we can benefit from trade but don't have to put up with the straggling nations.

4. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Harsh Moose but fair! I like Norways idea better cherrypick and join the good bits of the EU ,but dont sign up to the crappy bits:)

5. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Ask Ronaldo to cough up...he's not short of a euro or two!

6. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

aberdeen, ECB? What's this got to do with the England & Wales Cricket Board? Seriously, though, on Jersey we're in the odd position of being in the Britsh Isles but not part of the United Kingdom and therefore not part of the EU (although our spineless States members forget to tell Brussels that when they try to impose rules on us).

7. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

And now my Guernsey bank account is no longer confidential, hasn't beeen for a couple of years!!! Tax Tax Tax...... My private banker family member works in Switzerland and told me "you'd be surprised how little you need to open an account here" upon investigation it was 20 million US!!! THe CI should have kept their spine and told the Europeans (including Westminster) where to go......