1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Countdown to the fixtures ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

... 7 days to go.

Having become quite bored with the Premier League I'm actually getting excited about the fixtures.

First game of the season .... away to Leeds.

First home game .... Sheff Wed.

Christmas & New Year .... Reading & Cardiff away and Burton at home.

Portsmouth away in the FA Cup and Boro at home in the League Cup.

Who needs the PL with another visit to the freak of a stadium West Ham play in or watching the Arsenal 'flag wavers' poised to perform.

Do any of these Championship clubs have a bunch of knackers like the 'Palace Ultras' and their daft drum <doh>

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Id like a couple of easy teams first while we assemble our squad. Itll be a good breaking in period for any youngsters that get promoted to the first team aswell.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

There are some great games, especially away, but I can't kid my self for a second I'd choose them over the Prem.

**** it though, it is what it is.

4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Best way to look at it.. **** happens..<ok>

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Hopefully see a few goals and the odd win mate, that'll be a novelty...

****ing Mitre balls though, the cowards we have in the squad won't even get the bastard off the deck!

6. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Newcastle vs Spurs oops !, a reverse score this time round.

7. Smug in Boots

I know what you mean mate but I was at Arsenal last season and it was the closest thing to 'American soccer' you could imagine.

I went to the stadium 'box office' early, to sort a ticket out for a mate, and it was a dreadful experience.

It was one foreign tourist after another, some of whom had brand new shirts bought minutes before from the 'merchandising opportunity outlet'.

It was cringing tbh.

Nads likes this.
  8. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Got to be better than last season..<ok>

Not up on balls like, as long as mine stay firm then that usually suffices the day to day rigmarole.. :)

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I hear that Smug, Arsenal are the worse but you get it throughout the top clubs.

We will be there to be shot at and a scalp so atmosphere be great at our away games, looks like a lot of smaller clubs are gonna enjoy their day against us as it stands but hopefully we start putting **** right soon.

I've not a single clue how this season is going to pan out at this stage, although I don't buy for a second we are goi g to fall to rot like the national press seem to believe.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  10. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I was a season ticket holder on the 19 and 15 pointer, after the 15 I was basically up on the upper concourse on my own, all this loyalty ****e was there to see and basically how I see people. The Plymouth game before Keane came in was a perfect example.

I think we will be fine this season, looking forward to having McInnes sort this lot out and even basic, interesting football will be better than the last year.

I love it when we are written off, just tells me the writers know **** all about our club..<ok>

Smug in Boots and Nads like this.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Very true mate, we all know the 'hardcore' is about 24k and let's be honest it'll drop below that at times, I missed 8 home games this season, not something I'm proud of but the inclination to move work about etc just dropped off.

Ill keep season ticket forever regardless, and I'll likely get back into most games this season but last year was a ****ing grind, the whole club was flat and it was difficult to find the energy to go. I never thought I'd see the day.

In perspective, I made it to 1 game less a season wen I lived in Marbella, that's how detached I've felt from it.

I'm feeling a bit of siege mentality now though, like **** this this is my club regardless of that **** Short, I need to be behind it, we all do.

Whatever the league, whoever the owner, that club is OURS.

12. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I feel a siege mentality simply through the fact that I need to get away from mopping **** up for a weekend and get to a game.

The feel good factor last season of making someone smile through my actions of mopping, vastly outweighed the thought of watching a Moyes team at the SOL..

Sad but true..

looking forward to this season, more so if Ellis has gone..<ok>

Nads likes this.
  13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

would mate I would choose league
    Ha Ha I would mate I would choose league 1 over the prem I think its s hit <ok>

14. Smug in Boots

I hate the 'cling on brigade' at the SOL tbh.

I'd rather have 20,000 real supporters ...... I could clout people who turn round and roll their eyes when I shout or cheer.

Tossers who'd have been thrown down the steps at Roker Park.

Jack TheLad and Nads like this.
  15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, and those are the ****ers that jeer a misplaced pass after 4 minutes, leave on the hour...

I've said many times there's an element of our home support that takes a lot of the life out of the team and you know, maybe those will **** off and we get back to atmospheres like under Reid or Keane.

We can but hope.